Draw Distance got smaller?

StixNStonzStixNStonz Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58439Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I was playing SN a few days ago on the Oculus. Amazing, but my 560 TI was a bit sluggish. I'd been meaning to upgrade anyways so i just got a 970.

I load up SN on my fancy new card, try the higher settings, and... I see a TON of pop-in. I'm almost certain it wasn't there before. So I drop to recommended and then even minimum, and I'm still seeing it.

I've heard some people complain about it from the experimental side, but I'm now wondering why I'm seeing it on such a stronger card, and not before. It's hugely distracting.

Any ideas? There's no way to tweak draw distance either, right?

Comments

• sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    It's not very optimized since the main focus is on PC instead. Report this to the devs so they know
  • solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
    isn't the oculus for PC?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I think he means the main focus is the PC gamers who will be playing on a normal monitor, ie, the vast majority of players, as opposed to those who will be playing the game through a peripheral requiring specific visual adjustments.

I am sure rift support will catch up and improve over time, but at the moment the main focus is the core game.