Botanical analysis machine, GMOs, and Greenhouse farming.

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
After i read about the fact that some plants are going to have seeds i got an idea that concerns the botanical analysis machine too.

How about after analyzing a seed or a piece of plant you could be able to reproduce the seed in the fabricator or in another machine?

And then after having a batch of them you'd be able to plant them inside something like a greenhouse and use it to produce vegetable food? :)

I thought that there would be upgrades for the greenhouse too:

1 basic

2 Irrigation system

3 sun simulating lights

4 nutrient distribution system

5 Hydroponic soil

Also i thought you could use another machine to enhance the seed genetically, making them more resistant, more quick at growing and maybe even more nutrient, however each modifications could fail and would have pros and cons.

Comments

• uniwarriorJWuniwarriorJW Belgium Join Date: 2015-07-08 Member: 206065Members
    I just bought the game and i did survival mode but the my food situation is bad. It's difficult to catch the fish and they don't respawn very often.
    So I think your Idee with farming would be great in my situation. I just hope they will add it ;)
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    Why not use the floating islands? You already have everything there that you need to grow what you want.

Making a hydroponics garden in the base would be nice but since we have the islands, why not use them for something instead? If we have too much centred around the base, there's not much reason to leave it is there?
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    edited July 2015
    Tryst wrote: »
    Why not use the floating islands? You already have everything there that you need to grow what you want.

Making a hydroponics garden in the base would be nice but since we have the islands, why not use them for something instead? If we have too much centred around the base, there's not much reason to leave it is there?

It takes a lot of time and trials to reach the islands unless you find a signal device, they are actually a kind of late-in-the game feature, also due to the lack of titanium and salt building a base there would be pretty hard.

And besides you can't plant creepvines on a floater island.
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    edited July 2015
    But things already grow on the islands, there is a possibility of cultivating them and planting more in order to provide an alternative to salted food. There is also the possibility of fresh water filtered through the ground to remove the salt on those islands at some point.
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    edited July 2015
    Well if this happens you might have some points, however the island is still very far in the map and the absence of quartz make it very hard to craft stuff there, thus making problematic the building of a base, also we aren't sure if the stuff on the island is edible.

And hydroponics is way quicker than ground farming.