The game starts to get laggy after some gaming time.

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
Okay this situation is getting strange, i start the game, and after more or less about 3-4 hours of playing, the game starts to lag, even if I don't built superbig bases or subs, it's nerve wrecking, is somebody working on this?

Comments

• sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    its been optimized a week ago. Could you post a link to your rig?
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    what's a rig?

your laptop or desktop. Whatever you use to play the game on.
    how do i give you a link to that?
    look at the model number or name up and give me the link to that page. or you can list all your specs which is easy. specs=Specifications
    Okay it's an ASUS laptop

with an i7 processor with 2.4 GHz for each core.

16 GB RAM

And the GPU should be a 750M Nvida Geforce with i think 1 GB of dedicated RAM.
    edited June 2015
    sorry i just forgot what it said. and asus isnt all that big ark. imo alienware is better
    hem i said it's 2.4 ghz per core and it's a quad core.
  • ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    edited June 2015
    You laptop should in theory be able to run the game just fine, mine is above recommended settings but it can get slow sometimes.

Some clarification, lag is when your internet connection is slow and you stutter in online gameplay. What you are suffering could be your laptop having a bit of a hard time loading and rendering things which is sorta understandable.

Check the cache integrity of the game on Steam to make sure nothing is corrupted.

Additionally follow these steps:

1. Download, Install and Run CCleaner.. (Left you the link there)
    2. Run a full scan with your antivirus.
    3. Free up some Hard-drive space.

You could also be suffering from overheating, most laptops aren't very good at keeping themselves cold and when a laptop is too hot it runs slower. So you need to be somewhere at or below room temperature. (around 70°F or 21 Cº) And its never too soon or too late for a maintenance check with a trustworthy computer savvy person but please don't ask a friend, go to a well known computer store and ask for their laptop maintenance services. It will cost you but its a 99% guarentuee of a decent job and you won't have to handle the awkward situation of a friend owing you a brand new laptop.
    sharvy wrote: »
    you can't run it well cause the minimum req. say 2.5 ghz and yours is below so you will experience lag. try and upgrade alittle if you can

Its an ASUS laptop (state-of-the-art manufacturer). That's not how Ghz work plus its a high-end CPU, it has way above the normal RAM in most setups and its graphics card is around mid-end so it should run the game just fine. On a side note, laptops can't be upgraded beyond adding new or more RAM, upgrading or replacing the hard-drive and in some cases tinkering with the battery. The rest is sealed and manufactured that way, you will void the warranty and end up with a useless busted laptop.

Please I don't mean to be rude and I understand you wanted to help but if you truly don't know enough about something then its best to keep from commenting to avoid people getting erroneous information about their issues.
  • viesta2015viesta2015 Kenosha,Wisconsin,USA Join Date: 2015-06-22 Member: 205658Members
    so im 3 GHz away from being able to run the game PERFECTLY.
    viesta2015 wrote: »
    so im 3 GHz away from being able to run the game PERFECTLY.

Not really. A 3Ghz Dual Core CPU is often not more powerful than a 2Ghz Quad Core CPU.

It all depends on the architecture of said CPU and what it was built for.
    edited June 2015
    ArkStrike wrote: »
    You laptop should in theory be able to run the game just fine, mine is above recommended settings but it can get slow sometimes.

Some clarification, lag is when your internet connection is slow and you stutter in online gameplay. What you are suffering could be your laptop having a bit of a hard time loading and rendering things which is sorta understandable.

Check the cache integrity of the game on Steam to make sure nothing is corrupted.

You could also be suffering from overheating, most laptops aren't very good at keeping themselves cold and when a laptop is too hot it runs slower. So you need to be somewhere at or below room temperature. (around 70°F or 21 Cº) And its never too soon or too late for a maintenance check with a trustworthy computer savvy person but please don't ask a friend, go to a well known computer store and ask for their laptop maintenance services. It will cost you but its a 99% guarentuee of a decent job and you won't have to handle the awkward situation of a friend owing you a brand new laptop.
    you can't run it well cause the minimum req. say 2.5 ghz and yours is below so you will experience lag. try and upgrade alittle if you can

Its an ASUS laptop (state-of-the-art manufacturer). That's not how Ghz work plus its a high-end CPU, it has way above the normal RAM in most setups and its graphics card is around mid-end so it should run the game just fine. On a side note, laptops can't be upgraded beyond adding new or more RAM, upgrading or replacing the hard-drive and in some cases tinkering with the battery. The rest is sealed and manufactured that way, you will void the warranty and end up with a useless busted laptop.

Please I don't mean to be rude and I understand you wanted to help but if you truly don't know enough about something then its best to keep from commenting to avoid people getting erroneous information about their issues.

mmmh where can i check the cache of the game?

Like which menu should i open?
    edited June 2015
    Here is a video explaining how to verify the cache integrity on Steam games.

If you have any more doubts then don't hesitate to ask, we are happy to help as a community.
    ArkStrike wrote: »

i know well enough ark so dont start.
    I controlled the integrity of the game files! but then the graphic was completely messed up! :(
    I controlled the integrity of the game files! but then the graphic was completely messed up! :(

Ah... Do it again and also update check for updates for your graphics card.
    oh it appears its because of a recent update other players had the same problems too.

However there is still the problem when i get into my base the framerate starts moving slower and slower...however i think i nailed the problem.

When i started a new base everything went smoothly, then i started taking away resources from the lockers into my old base and for each resource i took away it got smoother and smoother...

Like the more stuff i put in the slowest the game gets

How do you think it should be fixed?
  • Fireball14Fireball14 Ukraine Join Date: 2015-06-24 Member: 205721Members
    Same here. Just notice it. Everything runs smoot but from time to time i get a lag spike. Starts to do it only after some game time. Also my video card strts to heat up.
    Specs: GeForce 960 / I5 4460 Core / 16 gb ram / Win 8.1. All last drivers are installed.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Seems to be less related to game time but more to 'time played on game save' as it wont stop lagging right now. And Im sure it didnt lag this bad on a clean save.
    Seems to be less related to game time but more to 'time played on game save' as it wont stop lagging right now. And Im sure it didnt lag this bad on a clean save.

That's another thing that i kind of noted it doesn't lag very much after you save.

I still hope they'll fix this.