Ideas for the plot of the story.......after the crash.

unknown-guyunknown-guy Join Date: 2015-04-26 Member: 203843Members
Hello everybody, this is my first discussion and i have no idea if this topic has been thought of.

Anyway, this discussion is about the story or plot after the crash, so ideas people!

Comments

• AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    We could have the survivor exploring the planet and eventually finding out what generated the energy pulse maybe, finding out what caused it and then try to find a way to contact Earth and report.

I thought the conclusion would be having the Alterra Authorities to ask him to continue the research and terraforming mission on the planet on his own for now until a new habitation vessel arrives (which I think would take some years)
  • unknown-guyunknown-guy Join Date: 2015-04-26 Member: 203843Members
    Firstly i think that everybody would want to fly a huge vessel out of the sea, so it would be cool and interesting that another vessel 20 years before crashed into the planet.

Instead that vessel went and plummeted into the deep dark depths of the Ocean, were huge colossal creatures live and wait for an unexpected sub to wander near.

So after you spend a terrifying time in the deep dark depths, you find an old crashed vessel that hasn't had a hole in it's core.

You will have to find and gather missing components that have scattered around the place (while avoid being eaten) to repair the great vessel.

Also one small note.... The deep dark depths is not like that mushroom place that you find lithium in.

Bye
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    edited June 2015
    Mmmmh maybe it could be in the lava caste
  • unknown-guyunknown-guy Join Date: 2015-04-26 Member: 203843Members
    That would be interesting, good job.
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    edited June 2015
    I don't want an end game so I'd say the whole Aurora would be up for salvage materials and any goodies you can remove from it. I don't believe it should sink as it's sitting on a shelf anyway. It's there as a reminder of your roots. There should be quite a bit of game play around salvaging parts from it, getting so far than finding that you need to find a way to venture further into the ship by making other tools to remove panels, using machinery to move broken beams that block your path and so on.
  • Sold!Sold! Armenia Join Date: 2015-06-23 Member: 205701Members
    If the technology available post-crash allows you to build advanced submarines, there's no reason you couldn't eventually build an escape ship capable of escape velocity ;) I'd like to see an intelligent race of sea creatures with cities we can explore. You build a communicator and start learning things from them. Turns out they were testing a power source of some kind and that caused the crash. They help you build a transmitter to call home and you get rescued, or start receiving mission instructions, etc.
  • AliBAliB Join Date: 2015-04-21 Member: 203699Members
    You crashed on the Alien Planet to terraform it... After the Crash you have to reach the Aurora to get equippment and use its Computers to get Informations about the Incident and the Planet. Of course the Computers are damaged and the Power Supply Partly broken so you have to repair certain Parts of the Aurora to get more Information and new Objectives, also you can't call for Help until the source of the Energy Blast has been destroyed. After a While (repairing and collecting supplies and ressources) the Computer tells you that he knows the Source of the Energy Blast that destroyed the Aurora and you have to go there and build a research Station to Investigate. After you built the Research Station another Energy Blast got measured by the Aurora Systems. You have to build another Station at this new Location. After a while the Computer figures out that it seems to have a Pattern... a few Stations should be enough to locate the Source. From now and then Energy Bursts will come and you have to go there... always you see Meteorides that have crashed into the Planet where the Bursts accured.
    After you have Located enough of these Bursts the Computer is able to locate the Source and calculate a Route to the Entrance. The Entrance is in the Inactive Lava Zone -Lavacastle-. After entering through a Tunnel and following it a while the walls seem to become more Organic until you Reach a Giant Heart.

Plot: The Planet is a Giant Reefback (Reefbacks are his Offspring). The Energy Pulse is like a Tractor Beam used to collect Materials near the "Reefback" to gather a strong Hull (Planet) as Protection and to feed on the Minerals. (I know it's very Hippy-like but I think it fits the Gameplay). In the End there is the Question if you want to kill the Planet which doesn't destroy the Crust of cause (Objective complete and other Colonists will follow... takes a few Years ;) ) or let him live and stay alone on the Planet.

I think the Reefbacks (like in the Concept Art) are screaming for a Story where they could become whole Planets and I want to take the Seamoth for a Ride through Tunnels that are looking like Blood-vessels :D
  • Golden_LeekGolden_Leek Join Date: 2015-06-22 Member: 205675Members
    There could be a hidden quest revolving around an intelligent ancient race that is now extinct. The player could find what happened to caused the Aliens to go extinct as well as discover ancient ruins. And I don't want typical stone ruins, I mean this is not earth.