Map discussions and strategy

measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation

Is there a forum category or any sticky post's that are pertaining to maps currently in rotation?
Can we start one?

prac & theory. Theory & prac;
Survival of the most adaptable and shrewd!

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    I was thinking more along the lines of a sub-catagory list of currently playable maps.
    A lot of new maps aren't being played.
    i.e;
    natural selection 2>General>Discussions>Official Map Thread>ns2_biodome>armory and phase gate to seeding is a great idea!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think your idea would be great, if the game had an active enough playerbase that would actually join the forums and have such a discussion. There is some of that kind of analysis in the veteran -> competitive forums but it is all old. Right now it seems as though, 30+ people who actively comment on these forums.

If you would like the discussion, why not make your own thread in general. See if you can spark enough interest for discussion. If it goes well, start one for another map.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a good idea, either this or alternatively create a thread for each map then have them stickied so you can discuss tactics and strats in each thread, I can understand this may clutter up the sub forum though.
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    This is a good idea, either this or alternatively create a thread for each map then have them stickied so you can discuss tactics and strats in each thread, I can understand this may clutter up the sub forum though.
    ikr?

The maps are being churned out but the daring isn't there!

"If you build it, they will come.."

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts