Upcoming base update: power generators.

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
I heard that in the upcoming update about seabases we'd get rooms and the moonpool.

Now i was wondering, will we have also the new generators in this update?

Like the thermal generator, accumulators etch?

Comments

• SkizomeuhSkizomeuh France Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203939Members
    In experimental build solar panels are already in.
    There's no clear feedback on energy consumption/production yet.
    The old generator is no more.
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    i know solar panels are there, i asked about the new ones, do you think we'll have the new ones in the update too?

There is a thermal generator, a bioreactor, an accumulator and even a nuclear reactor in the works.
  • unknown-guyunknown-guy Join Date: 2015-04-26 Member: 203843Members
    It would be nice if the cyclops could have solar panels, so it can charge while its above the water?
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    It would be nice if the cyclops could have solar panels, so it can charge while its above the water?

The fact that we are getting accumulators, which is essentially batteries, suggests the ability to charge something. Which may be the Cyclops since I believe I read somewhere they do want the ship to eventually dock with the base somehow.
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    edited June 2015
    TerraBlade wrote: »

The fact that we are getting accumulators, which is essentially batteries, suggests the ability to charge something. Which may be the Cyclops since I believe I read somewhere they do want the ship to eventually dock with the base somehow.

I ran into something related to that on Trello, whatever this means...

https://trello.com/c/PsrUdLAA/4536-don-t-allow-escape-pod-and-sub-to-be-charged-by-external-power
  • sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    They will be in the next update
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    edited June 2015

Generating power needs to remain a base thing - considering that it's one of the major factors that sets the base and Cyclops apart. Look at it this way:
    • Bases are for power and resource storage; refuge, research, and quite possibly food production.
    • The Cyclops is for exploration, mobility, and collecting resources.
    You can't have a good base without a Cyclops, and you can't efficiently operate the Cyclops without a base. The two are supposed to be interconnected.
  • DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
    edited June 2015
    I have played Mac version 20002 and they have included following power options ... ( but doesn't work) ...

Update see below ... it works with solar panel and powertransmitter far outside my base ...

• VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members

Generating power needs to remain a base thing - considering that it's one of the major factors that sets the base and Cyclops apart. Look at it this way:
    • Bases are for power and resource storage; refuge, research, and quite possibly food production.
    • The Cyclops is for exploration, mobility, and collecting resources.
    You can't have a good base without a Cyclops, and you can't efficiently operate the Cyclops without a base. The two are supposed to be interconnected.

Going to have to disagree, I wish bases were an OPTION, they made such a big hubbub about the cyclops only to turn around and just make a not so important facet to surviving. I don't WANT to build a base, I've got all I need on the cyclops, let us CHOOSE which one we want to use. The cyclops is more than capable of generating its' own power if they just put it in, let us put solar panels on it at great cost, not like there isn't plenty of room on the aft of it on top for them.

All it would require is for it to not devour energy like a fat kid in a candy store(yes I know there is an upgrade but that's beside the point).
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    Vahnkiljoy wrote: »

Going to have to disagree, I wish bases were an OPTION, they made such a big hubbub about the cyclops only to turn around and just make a not so important facet to surviving. I don't WANT to build a base, I've got all I need on the cyclops, let us CHOOSE which one we want to use. The cyclops is more than capable of generating its' own power if they just put it in, let us put solar panels on it at great cost, not like there isn't plenty of room on the aft of it on top for them.

All it would require is for it to not devour energy like a fat kid in a candy store(yes I know there is an upgrade but that's beside the point).

You can choose not to build a base, and the power drain isn't so big you can't build power cells. Since there is a page for new batteries on the trello, you might even get more bang for the buck. You can also build a fair amount of the stuff you will need on the cyclops, and hopefully those lockers get more then just being an open/close animation.

That said...why would you want to forgo a base? If nothing else, I keep my constructor and enough supplies in a locker to build a new Cyclops/Seamoth should they get destroyed. Plus we are going to eventually get the exosuit which would need it's own storage place. Plus putting things on the Cyclops not directly exploration/gathering mission related means less storage for stuff as you need it. Heck, less storage overall since the bases can lead to virtually limitless storage.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    edited June 2015
    Vahnkiljoy wrote: »

You can choose not to build a base, and the power drain isn't so big you can't build power cells. Since there is a page for new batteries on the trello, you might even get more bang for the buck. You can also build a fair amount of the stuff you will need on the cyclops, and hopefully those lockers get more then just being an open/close animation.

That said...why would you want to forgo a base? If nothing else, I keep my constructor and enough supplies in a locker to build a new Cyclops/Seamoth should they get destroyed. Plus we are going to eventually get the exosuit which would need it's own storage place. Plus putting things on the Cyclops not directly exploration/gathering mission related means less storage for stuff as you need it. Heck, less storage overall since the bases can lead to virtually limitless storage.

Yea, it's stupid for players to put all their eggs in one basket. Besides, I'm pretty sure that's what the devs are doing, so there is no use arguing it. If farming food ever becomes a factor, than bases will be indispensable.
    How about proposing to allow the cyclops to recharge itself when near a power generator? like the bases more or less?
    How about proposing to allow the cyclops to recharge itself when near a power generator? like the bases more or less?
    That will most likely be achieved through docking.
    well, if they are going to implement a docking station big enough to hold the cyclops...that would be pretty hard to build.
    I stuck 4 solar panels far away from my base and with the power transmitter (looks like an agyption steele) I transmitt over a long way to my base :D .
    Here are some pictures
    It works 100 Power in my base

51vj5o25lw1e.jpg
    b9ghhcrp4j04.jpg
  • ASnogarDASnogarD Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21894Members
    I got the impression that we would be able to charge powercells, and swap and change out the cells as they need re-charging.
    Charge the cells at a base, load the charged lot into the sub, and a few in a locker and off you go, simple :)

I did see on Trello something about then allowing the player to yank out the cells from the escape pod... so it seems to suggest the ability to charge a cell and then put it in the Cyclops (and other power requiring tech).
  • KelfaKelfa Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205084Members
    well, if they are going to implement a docking station big enough to hold the cyclops...that would be pretty hard to build.

Its not like you need a moonpool big enough to fit the Cyclops in. A small tube that connects to the entrance on the front would be enough (plus maybe clamps to hold it in place)
    edited June 2015
    I actually thought of that...but to place the clamps you'd need a 30 meters long space and it's pretty hard to get unless you place your base in the grassy plateus or something.

But probably the tube alone would be good.
    Please, take the Power Option also in the freemode.