Floater island and scrap yard

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
Hem guys i need to know, are there any...reaper leviathans/other predators around the island? and what about the scrapyard in the backside of the aurora?

Comments

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    edited June 2015
    Never seen one near the island. And I'd say you're safe in the back end of the Aurora, if you're not right next to it. I haven't been in those areas in the newest update, but I'd be really surprised if these changed.
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    thank you :) and besides what resources do we have at the bottom of the island?
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    Never seen one near the island. And I'd say you're safe in the back end of the Aurora, if you're not right next to it. I haven't been in those areas in the newest update, but I'd be really surprised if these changed.
    In the scrap behind the Aurora is actually where I met my first Reaper. 
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    edited June 2015
    Reapers spawn only next to Aurora, so you should still be safe in the scrap area that isn't too near it, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's nothing special at the island yet, since it's still work-in-progress. Just some neat places that still need improvements. Also, there are some weird coral houses fairly near the island (on the ocean floor), so you might want to check them out. They aren't that easy to spot, tho.
  • SneakyarrowSneakyarrow Montreat Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203238Members
    Reapers spawn only next to Aurora, so you should still be safe in the scrap area that isn't too near it, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's nothing special at the island yet, since it's still work-in-progress. Just some neat places that still need improvements. Also, there are some weird coral houses fairly near the island (on the ocean floor), so you might want to check them out. They aren't that easy to spot, tho.
    There is actually lithium scattered around the Island, although It is pretty hard to see. Wait till night time if you are looking for some there ( though tn my opinion it is easier to find them in the mushroom kingd... er forest.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    SalmonJEDl wrote: »

I could swear i saw one of those elsewhere. Somewhere in the north.
  • xandria0079xandria0079 Somewhere around nowhere Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204861Members
    SalmonJEDl wrote: »

I could swear i saw one of those elsewhere. Somewhere in the north.

You did. Another reaper can spawn north-ish from the Aurora and one more spawn to the south. Both were in very deep waters (over 100 meters depth)
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    On my save one likes to spawn in the deep sea biome south of the Aurora. Makes a girl never want to go in the water again. >.<
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    edited June 2015
    TerraBlade wrote: »
    Makes a girl never want to go in the water again. >.<

Not just your girl mate.. Last time I went to the beach I stayed a good 200m from the water "just to be safe" subnautica was giving me nightmares, now I'm playing a xeno alien game and at night I hide under the bed.
  • SunseahlSunseahl Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205358Members
    edited June 2015
    I don't know if it's just a graphics bug or not but on my way back from the Aurora the distinct outline of one of the Reapers showed up in what i could only describe as west, northwest of the escape pod... far horizon, above the water stuff

Regardless of what the compass may say I always consider the Aurora as east, northeast of the planet... Dunno why....