Thanks for turning my phobia in a fun terrifying nostalgia !

HenjiHenji Brazil Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201934Members
Realy, this game is evrything I could asked for. 

Subnautica brings my worst nightmares to surface (or depths), make me face them in a different but curious enviroment wich helps cope a bit with the all too realistic sense of loneliness and danger at evry angle in the ocean.

I can't say for sure if I do have a phobia but I for one don't belive I would manage to keep it together in the open sea, on my own specialy, to a bigger degree even staying alone in a big swimmingpool is unconfotable and frightful and prolonged periods in it makes me bring images of sharks in the water.

But  Subnautica (as many others proboly do) helps me go trough this fear and it feels its actualy doing some good ! 

With that said I'm thankfull for Unknown Worlds bringing this unique expirience to us and hopefully it will be met with great success once its finnished ! (more then it already has that is).

PS: Please fix the Cyclops helm bug asap, being teleported to a unknown area of the map with miles away from my base is...well you know...

Suggestions:

-Cyclops power recharge solar panels or heat cacthers upgrade (for the volcanic fissures and lava area.

-Thermal generators for heat based bateries or powercells.

-Seamoth customization painting (proboly on the works but leaving as a support for it)

-Alien sharks make good soup too ! (allow haversting stalkers for meat, skin and bone for suit upgrades (armor)

-Algae Farms for a more self sustained eviroment (not as effective as eating actual food) so you dont ravage the whole ecosystem in just one hour.

Comments

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    Early solar panels exist in the experimental mode and are being tested for full release.

Thermal plants are coming to the game too.

The game is based on exploration, so I don't think we shuld encourage killing the sharks.

Farming is also planned for the game.
  • HenjiHenji Brazil Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201934Members
    edited June 2015
    Early solar panels exist in the experimental mode and are being tested for full release.

The game is based on exploration, so I don't think we shuld encourage killing the sharks.

I was going to add a rework in the constructor to be something like mobile platform (almost like a jetski), a windmill if you make an island base and a helm rework but one I already mentioned in a different post and the other two were rather inapropriate considering gameplay 
  • Cynder_DragonbornCynder_Dragonborn United Staes Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203557Members
    SalmonJEDl wrote: »

I very much encourage killing alien sharks. XD
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    I don't like being on water, when I can't see the seabed.. And it's the same in subnautica.. I don't mind swimming underwater.. in rl or vr.. but I hate not being able to see whats below me. I'd call that a phobia.
  • PunkeroPunkero Finland Join Date: 2015-04-22 Member: 203733Members
    @Henji
    I know that feel bro! I always imagine sharks coming after me, even at swiming pools. I went diving once in thailands open sea, and trust me it was terrifying! Playing subnautica in VR is the best therapy thought :) .