Recycle the fragments of known objects (already analysed)

Zarr.beZarr.be Belgium Join Date: 2015-04-07 Member: 203101Members
Recycle the fragments of known objects (already analysed)
There is in the game of the dozens fragments as the same object
we need it only at the farthest of four
Top up the possibility of recycling them and of recovering basic materials
There, I have a dump with more than about fifty unusable fragments, this doesn't make very clean
also, no more to make them reappear once they were analysed

Comments

• ConeshotConeshot Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202091Members
    That would be great. I have lockers full of these that I'm planning on taking out and launching with the propulsion cannon!
  • Zarr.beZarr.be Belgium Join Date: 2015-04-07 Member: 203101Members
    Coneshot said:
     launching with the propulsion cannon!
    u can try kill a leviatant with it ;)
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    edited June 2015
    It would be even better - once the fragment is researched, perhaps players could construct the tool with the fragments. Perhaps nine fragments per item (just off the top of my head)? Maybe more for tech like the seamoth, or workbench.
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    From here.

Recycler
    • Breaks items into raw materials with slight loss.
    • Completely broken vehicles would turn into harvestable wreckage, that could be recycled.
    • Fragments could also be recycled. The recycler blueprint would be obtainable from fragments too, so people who don't understand fragment mechanics won't accidentally recycle most of their fragments. :P

Also you could analyze fragments to unlock upgrades
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    edited June 2015
    Coneshot said:
    That would be great. I have lockers full of these that I'm planning on taking out and launching with the propulsion cannon!
    When you do this, I suggest trying to  launch them in storage cubes to save energy.
  • conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    From my post on science overhaul here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/137803/scientific-research-overhaul-proposal

Fragments are pieces of technological item either recovered from the Aurora's debris, or (in late game) from the ruins of an anciant civilization. Fragments would look different (both on seafloor and in inventory) depending on the type of fragment, but would always show "unknown fragment" until a type has been researched.
    Fragment's research levels:

• Level 0 - Grabbing a new fragment will add the fragment entry to your PDA. It will show with its current graphic but with the mention "unknown fragment". The text will offer a short visual description of the fragment.
    • Level 1 - First time a new fragment is scanned in a fragment analyzer.  The item is identified and the tooltip will now show for each fragment of the same kind. The text describes the blueprint we think we might develop with it.
    • Level 2 - The second time a fragment is scanned in the analyzer it takes a lot more time as it now has to attempt to reverse engineer it to recover the blueprint. Each fragment will yeld 10% to 20% of a blueprint. Once the analyzer has reached that percentage, no more data can be extracted from it. The player will have to pick more of the same fragment for further analysis.  Text indicates the percentage of completion:
    • Level 3 - Once the blueprint has been found, new upgrades can be developed by finding more fragments.
    This way each and every fragment would have a use and you'd want to collect them all.
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    edited June 2015
    @conscioussoul I really like your ideas. Add recycling on top of that and it'll be perfect.
    EDIT: In Level 2 10% to 20% is too low, tho. I'd say 50% is good. 3 fragments for the actual tech, and 1 or 2 for each upgrade.
  • FormousFormous USA Join Date: 2015-01-19 Member: 200918Members
    From my post on science overhaul here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/137803/scientific-research-overhaul-proposal

Fragments are pieces of technological item either recovered from the Aurora's debris, or (in late game) from the ruins of an anciant civilization. Fragments would look different (both on seafloor and in inventory) depending on the type of fragment, but would always show "unknown fragment" until a type has been researched.
    Fragment's research levels:

• Level 0 - Grabbing a new fragment will add the fragment entry to your PDA. It will show with its current graphic but with the mention "unknown fragment". The text will offer a short visual description of the fragment.
    • Level 1 - First time a new fragment is scanned in a fragment analyzer.  The item is identified and the tooltip will now show for each fragment of the same kind. The text describes the blueprint we think we might develop with it.
    • Level 2 - The second time a fragment is scanned in the analyzer it takes a lot more time as it now has to attempt to reverse engineer it to recover the blueprint. Each fragment will yeld 10% to 20% of a blueprint. Once the analyzer has reached that percentage, no more data can be extracted from it. The player will have to pick more of the same fragment for further analysis.  Text indicates the percentage of completion:
    • Level 3 - Once the blueprint has been found, new upgrades can be developed by finding more fragments.
    This way each and every fragment would have a use and you'd want to collect them all.

I don't know. I rather not struggle to find a blueprint. Finding 12 stasis rifle fragments just to finally build it would be highly frustrating. I rather avoid that.  Instead, fragments maybe could act as a overall base upgrade of the item instead.  Ultimately needing that many just isn't fun.