New air tank tech tree

2»

Comments

• lonelywolflonelywolf Sweden Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204737Members
    maybe add a divecomputer on the arm to check how long depth time you have left and air and depth just like real diving :)
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    I still want to just be able to combine the Seaglide with air tanks as kind of an underwater 'jetpack' so we get more mobility while diving. Especially with the new 'Powerglide'.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    edited June 2015
    I still want to just be able to combine the Seaglide with air tanks as kind of an underwater 'jetpack' so we get more mobility while diving. Especially with the new 'Powerglide'.
    A jetpack like design wouldn't work well underwater unless it has a large hydrofoil, but that would make it cumbersome. 

Something like this would work better.
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    No, the Cyclops should have limitless oxygen, just like today's military submarines. The only thing that limits a nuclear submarine's mission duration is the endurance of the crew and how much food can be carried aboard. The sub can literally run for 20 years strait. 

This is accomplished using electrolysis which creates breathable oxygen from sea water. 
    Ever been in a sub? I have not but I have spoken to sailors who have and they say that everything gets damp due to condensation and the air gets stale after a while, even if it's replenished regularly. Surfacing or getting onto port is the highlight of their trip because they can breathe fresh air once again and wear completely dry clothing for a change.

Not a particularly good environment to live in really.

The problem of stale air won't affect us in this game so much since, we are alone in the sub. The air will take a very long time to become stale. Condensation will still be a problem, it's cold in the depths and the sub is warm inside, that will cause condensation to form on the inner hull just as it does on your windows at home due to the temperature differences.

• TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    Tryst said:
    No, the Cyclops should have limitless oxygen, just like today's military submarines. The only thing that limits a nuclear submarine's mission duration is the endurance of the crew and how much food can be carried aboard. The sub can literally run for 20 years strait. 

This is accomplished using electrolysis which creates breathable oxygen from sea water. 
    Ever been in a sub? I have not but I have spoken to sailors who have and they say that everything gets damp due to condensation and the air gets stale after a while, even if it's replenished regularly. Surfacing or getting onto port is the highlight of their trip because they can breathe fresh air once again and wear completely dry clothing for a change.

Not a particularly good environment to live in really.

The problem of stale air won't affect us in this game so much since, we are alone in the sub. The air will take a very long time to become stale. Condensation will still be a problem, it's cold in the depths and the sub is warm inside, that will cause condensation to form on the inner hull just as it does on your windows at home due to the temperature differences.

...a precious little difference with future technology. :blush: 
  • SojoSojo Florida, USA Join Date: 2015-09-20 Member: 208061Members
    I would just like to add that a "back slot" for a single air tank should be added to our paper doll UI. Currently you can fill your inventory with as many tanks as you want and benefit from all of them...I prefer having two advanced tanks on me, but I had to make myself pretend I could only have one and leave the other in a locker as it made the game too easy and unimmersive. Since there are set of smaller tanks in real life that a person can use, the high capacity tank's model could be changed to a pair of two tanks.

Also, I would think wearing any tank would slow us down with the plasteel tank not being as slowing and the high capacity being more so in exchange for the extra air. I hope they implement this, as otherwise I don't get the point of the plasteel tank.
  • LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    edited September 2015

i just want to add something...well diving at great depths divers use a mix of oxygen and helium because of the presure...