Suggestion - Painting bases? Spray paint or paint roller?

cal52413cal52413 UK Join Date: 2015-05-13 Member: 204448Members
Hey guys this is my first post so play nice haha.

I was swimming around in game recently and making myself a base and i thought how cool it would be to have some form of spray paint or paint roller function, where when crafted, the player can choose from various colours and spray them onto their base. Giving players the oppourtunity to paint their base a solid colour, mixed colours, or even logos or emblems onto the side of their base (for the more talented artistic folk). With the ability to paint the inside and out. Possibly making this paint easy to ''wipe off'' with some kind of paint remover tool.

I think this would just simply add to the creativity side of things, and would go nice even in a single player game, because it adds that whole unique aspect to each players underwater area.

What is everyone elses thoughts on this?

Cheers.

Comments

• AnthonyH318AnthonyH318 Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204169Members
    Yah i could see this happening let me see if i cant get some colors from materials

white - quartz
    purple - acid mushroom
    green - creepvine
    grey - titanium
    orange - copper
    pink - lithium
    red - opal gem(those shells used to make computer chips)
    yellow - crash meal (combustibles)
    silver - silver(from those chunks)
    gold - gold(chunks again)

Yep thats all i got, cant think of anything for black and blue, off the top of my head.

Also we could have textures as well

Wavy lines - creepvine
    Grainy - salt
    Crystal - diamond(probably shines)
    Spiky - stalker tooth
    transparent skin - acid mushroom(maybe)

Yep i think thats it
  • cal52413cal52413 UK Join Date: 2015-05-13 Member: 204448Members
    haha yeh i can just imagine the gold base now! Its gotta be something worth a look at!!
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    That's a serious case of vanity you have there.

You land on an alien world.. by your self. And now you want to be able to paint your little sea base in pretty colours.. so who can see? Oh.. yourself.. only you.. and the fishes of course.

And the ghosts of fellow spacemen.. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing those soon as well.
    Phalaguim wrote: »
    That's a serious case of vanity you have there.

You land on an alien world.. by your self. And now you want to be able to paint your little sea base in pretty colours.. so who can see? Oh.. yourself.. only you.. and the fishes of course.

And the ghosts of fellow spacemen.. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing those soon as well.

Dafuq? Its a suggestion calm down with the patronistic s**t.

They are already making it so you can change the colour of the sub (so i can paint that in ''pretty colours''). Whos that for then?? Why not add the option to bases thats all im saying.

Most single player games have colour customisation. What your saying is like asking whats the point in making your vehicle a certain colour in a single player racing game if noones going to see it. Its the principle of making something unique to the player, and some people get enjoyment out of that - like myself.

I understand where your coming from but maybe if you worded it a little more constructively you would have added to the conversation.
  • Cynder_DragonbornCynder_Dragonborn United Staes Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203557Members
    Instead of actual paint, how about holographic projectors that make the base appeer to be painted, it would be less expensive in exotic materials but still require some expensive items...... The logo thing would be cool if you had a GUI to create it. :)
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    Do we get to paint funny faces on the base as well? Maybe scary faces to scare away the sand sharks? Maybe add a scarecrow like thing.. or is that abit far? heheh

I was joking about the vanity thing. If you want to be vain thats fine by me ;)
  • DeepoDeepo lisbon portugal Join Date: 2014-12-20 Member: 200150Members
    to choose the color of the base and be able to give it a name would be fun option i guess. and probably not too difficult to implement.

edited May 2015
    I think it could be a cool addition i mean im not saying id go all out and paint artistic stuff all over my base but giving players the option would be awesome. Even a simple base colour change would be good though, because i know it must be harder to impliment all that "paint where you aim" stuff, or using a GUI to create a form of emblem/logo.

I think also it doesnt have to be a massive task to get different colours for it, it could simply be a console you install in your base against the wall, which when pressed gives you a menu with colours and two tabs, one saying inside and one outside, giving the base/hull an overall indoor and outdoor colour without the need for getting, for example, something gold for gold paint.

Also as a side note, the vanity hasnt come yet, that will be AFTER i get my gold base, gold knife, and gold swimsuit ;)
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    I'm not that sure about free painting... But different coloured dyes / paints could be a possible feature in the future. You could maybe produce different dyes from dead fish or plants.
    Garryfish -> yellow
    Peeper / blue fan->blue
    Hoverfish / creepvine -> green
    Etc.