How about weather?

CrazyAcekingCrazyAceking New York, NY, 10003 Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204307Members
Just a shot in the dark, but how about weather in the game. along with some different climates, like a cold, arctic ocean or a warm, tropical ocean? and some storms too. i love to see weather in this game. would anyone else agree? there could even be a weather forecast machine that you could put in the sub or the escape pod that warns you about changing weather or temperature, or incoming storms? it would add another level of interesting things in the game.

Comments

• AnthonyH318AnthonyH318 Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204169Members
    What would be interesting with weather is that certain creaturew will only come out during certain weather conditions.

Maybe if a hurrican starts we could see some sort of hostile kraken in the grassy plataue or if its snowing the cold can bring out a jelly fish with a crazy pattern to its stingers and a wide pentigonal body thats flat and if you touch it you get poison damage as well as a slow effect because of how cold it is.
  • CrazyAcekingCrazyAceking New York, NY, 10003 Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204307Members
  • OriberusOriberus Germany Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204263Members
    This is already actually weaves ^^ got rain and severe weather so far amazing, this would create a great atmosphere again who comes up and despite day dark is it a thunderstorm for example.

There are strong currents underwater then when hurricanes and high waves, that fits me very well in a game of survival.

Then also luminous jellyfish to mate on the surface could increase what again would be a pretty sight.
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    I think weather would be awesome, or at least waves o3o.
  • Toothbrush123Toothbrush123 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-02-11 Member: 201313Members
    Hey, I love the idea of weather! It would be awesome to see.
  • OriberusOriberus Germany Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204263Members
  • RipredRipred United States Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204341Members
    I'd love to see this. It'd be great if the currents would push anything around that's not anchored down, including you and your subs.
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    edited May 2015
    Load a new game, when the ship explodes, instead of standing on the lifepod and watching the fireworks.. dive into the water. Now go deep abit..and wait for the shockwave.

That's what I want to see during storms.. everything topsy turvy. Earthquakes, waterspouts and more lava crevasses. Stuff to make submarining more fun. If it's all surface stuff people will just dive under it and go deep and sit it out.

That video looks like avg weather in argyll. (scotland) On the surface.
  • CrazyAcekingCrazyAceking New York, NY, 10003 Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204307Members
    is there any way to get more people to view this post?
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Hopefully they do a big pass on the skybox/weather system eventually. I'd like to see a big moon (or planet rise) when on the surface, and more twinkly/expansive stars to view. Think how gorgeous the milky way is in a dark environment like you have on earth.