Subnautica Wildlife

13»

Comments

• BlackfrogBlackfrog italy Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204340Members
    a pelagic fish that behaves like our tuna in order to populate a bit the pelagic environment?
    h09d43ufcrgy.jpg
  • Nuki255Nuki255 US Join Date: 2015-01-06 Member: 200658Members
    I'd be happy with a creature that is given rational AI. Perhaps a slightly anthropomorphic dolphin like creature. Has near human intelligence, limited ability to build and/or use tools, has a language that we can eventually learn or perhaps understand with the DNA transfuser. Is curious about our existence, possibly senses we are not native. Interactions could work off a basic reputation system, meaning you can make them hostile or allied.

If I were to really throw something weird out there, I'd love to see creatures that have evolved into basic civilizations of some sort. How crazy would it be if we realized there was some conflict between one type of sea creature versus another?
  • TurtleDuDe48TurtleDuDe48 newzealand Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204354Members
    i think it would be great to have a fish which uses its mouth to scare away predators and makes it look fierce and they use their colours inside their mouths to show dominance the more darker it is the more dominant they are (also is realated to breeding but you prob wont see that) when the player approaches it it opens its mouth as you go closer it opens wider and wider when its mouth is in your face it will squirt a black gooey substance which will blind the player and let the creature excape

or a giant ray like creature which has a body extremly adapted to actually fly for about 10 seconds which is a filter feeder when the player aproaches it, it will puff up like a puffer fish and instead of spikes it has holes and in those holes the gas inside of it is well you guessed it poison.

a giant monster which ramms into creatures to kill them and when it rams into you bad stuff happen their horns are filled with not poisons but parasitic creatures which act like poison they slowly start to eat you alive the only way you can kill the parasytes is by going into the water the reason they have horns is a benefitial reason the rammer cant produce poisons so the adapted to having parasithic creatures living on their horns to kill the prey once killed the rammer can eat the prey but it firstly washes it then eats it *the creature is for the island
  • MezzmureMezzmure Barnhart, Missouri Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204533Members
    edited May 2015
    1. The Gulper
    A large whale like creature that has a light dangling in front of its head to attract small prey, much like an angler fish, but, like a whale, eats only large schools of fish, to mention the schools in subnautica. It is much larger than the Seamoth, but a tad bit smaller than the Cyclops. This creatures stomach is very deep and wide, being larger than the rest of the body. Mainly found between 200 and 50 meters,
    being so it hunts schools of fish near the surface.

2. The Trapper
    Found anywhere on the seafloor, this creature is smaller than the player, being flat laying down, but holding a mineral such as quartz to attract the player. When you get near, this creature snaps on to your hand like a bear trap, holding on for dear life to kill you slowly.

That's all I got, I'll update this later (maybe).
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    @Mezzmure
    1. If the whale creature hunts only small prey, why would it have giant mouth? The concept is cool, tho.
    2. There's a thing called spike trap being developed right now. It is a plant which will grab you with tentacles and pull you to spikes. We don't know yet exactly how it works, but another trap creature is not needed in my opinion.