My Test Base

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members

[My Test Base (Expansion Work) Part 2]

[Subnautica: My Test Base (Big Additions) Part 3]

Comments

• Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members
    Nice! I like the ingenuity of tunnelling out an area for parking the subs and recessing the base itself into the rock. It makes me think of something like a secret base out of a James Bond movie.

I similarly tried to make a dock / home as such for the cyclops out of a massive existing sea tube but it wasn't actually big enough in the end.

My base (before I started a new game with the new content) had a dedicated spot to park the cyclops, it was in the open beside a cliff that my base was built along a shelf on it and it had a neck as such that extended out with a hatch on the top at the end which I would line up and park the cyclops over so I could transfer almost instantly from the cyclops to the base and vice-versa.

- Hyp3rion
  • Toothbrush123Toothbrush123 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-02-11 Member: 201313Members
    This is really cool, I can't believe I never thought of something like this! The thought of building underground never even crossed my mind.
  • ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    This is amazing! I never even thought of the construction of a Seabase deeper and much less one made out of the ground!

If its not much trouble to ask could you make a video of how you did this and the whole process? That would be really useful!

You could share that save so other people can work on it too :D
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    I have updated my first post with another Video. This video is showing you what I have in mind. Nothing too spectacular, but it will look allot better when I get everything in place.

Also, thanks for the kind words folks, it's very much appreciated.
  • Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members
    ArkStrike wrote: »
    If its not much trouble to ask could you make a video of how you did this and the whole process?

You could share that save so other people can work on it too :D

You just need a terraforming tool to remove the rock, otherwise it's base building as normal.

I like the idea of a collaborative base, where people could check out the files for an hour or two to make their additions and then check the files back in and the next person makes their changes or just explores to see what changes the others have made.

- Hyp3rion
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited May 2015
    I have just updated the first post with a new video showing the base with some major additions. I have added a Seamoth docking area which is separate from the main Cyclops Dock, including a Secret Experimental Area to do my dastardly work on the local species.
  • Cataclysm315Cataclysm315 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204190Members
    You have given me so many ideas. I better go tell the girlfriend im sitting in tonight. Damn this game :P
    You have given me so many ideas. I better go tell the girlfriend im sitting in tonight. Damn this game :P

lol, yup, it can grab a hold of you. Excellent game for feeding your imagination.
  • Cataclysm315Cataclysm315 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204190Members

lol, yup, it can grab a hold of you. Excellent game for feeding your imagination.
    It really is! It's very beautiful too and the sound effects. Im saving up for an oculus rift as I want the %100 immersion :P
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Haha, man you're a crack up, @MycroftCanadaNS. That 3rd video... where you reveal beast habitats had me chuckling. Fun stuff.