Cant find copper anymore

BCRichBCRich Texas US Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204105Members
I seem to have exausted all of the sandstone nodes in the shallows around the beginning of the game and I dont know how to get more or make them respawn. I really need them for the new wave of equipment that was just added to the game

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    On my 8+ hour save game with a massive base and fully loaded Cyclops with 10 lockers, I still have taken only about 1/3 of the maps mineral resources.

1) Develop a search pattern to make sure you are exploring every nook and cranny possible. Use Beacons to mark off the edges of where you have explored.
    2) The nodes in the shallows are Limestone, which drop Titanium and Copper. At this time all nodes types do not respawn.
    3) If you search the nearby Kelp Forests, you will find Limestone (which appear on vertical or diagonal surface) and Sandstone (Silver/Gold - appear on flat sea-floor surfaces).
    4) Kelp Forests completely surround the safe shallows you start in, so they should last you a really long time.
    5) If you do happen to exhaust them, or don't want to deal with the Stalkers, then you can find the other Safe Shallows which is in the exact opposite direction of the Crash Site just past the Kelp Forest. Additionally there are more Safe Shallows towards the Crash Site. There are a TON more resources there to get as well.

Hope that helps!
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Check safe shallows/ and kelp forest nodes... I found quite a bit inside the giant coral tubes