2 Reapers Spawned! Help!

slipDOESflipsslipDOESflips Canada Join Date: 2015-04-22 Member: 203739Members
I was approaching the Aurora 1 week ago and 2 Reaper Leviathans spawned. I really want to go explore the Aurora but they keep 1 hit killing me. Is there anyway to do a console command to remove them?
Thanks!

Comments

• LagiacrusLagiacrus USA Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203475Members
    What exactly ARE reaper leviathans? Are they the giant squid creatures? If so, then they usually aren't aggressive. If it's a bug, you'd probably get more info by moving this to the bug reporting, as people look for this sort of thing there.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    edited April 2015
    Hehe. A reaper leviathan is a cyclops- sized monster dude :P
    looks something like this

Sorry forgot to be helpful (or attempt to be)

there are ways using the console to make yourself invulnerable, though tbh I haven't played recently enough to tell you if that will help... there is also the possibility of spawning in a cyclops or something and just going for it
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    pff we need fire power
  • slipDOESflipsslipDOESflips Canada Join Date: 2015-04-22 Member: 203739Members
    We definetly need firepower
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Build a stasis rifle.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    fire tube 1 and 2 .....
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    You want firepower, you don't need it ;)
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    @tarek you might as well just derail that train because "firepower" is NOT happening. No matter how many times you say we *need* it, I believe the devs have already said there will be *NO* lethal weapons in the game.
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    The stasis rifle shot (last I checked) goes right through the Reaper and does nothing.

You can make yourself invulnerable in the console. Press escape to bring up menu, then F3. Make sure the first checkmark box is NOT checked. Then press F3 again and escape to go back to the normal game. Now you can press Enter to start typing commands. They can be found here...

subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands
  • Wolf2000Wolf2000 Join Date: 2015-03-14 Member: 202116Members
    it happened to me too but 3 spawned right in my face. i quit the game as soon as it happened since i knew there was no hope. would be awesome if there was some sort of stealth tech you could install into the seamoth instead of using guns or very fun explosives (on a side note i wonder what would happen if they added a hatchery and you could farm a thousand crashes, i bet that would make the reapers think twice)
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    edited April 2015
    Wolf2000 wrote: »
    it happened to me too but 3 spawned right in my face. i quit the game as soon as it happened since i knew there was no hope. would be awesome if there was some sort of stealth tech you could install into the seamoth instead of using guns or very fun explosives (on a side note i wonder what would happen if they added a hatchery and you could farm a thousand crashes, i bet that would make the reapers think twice)

They are having issues with the spawn rate. If you turn yourself invincible and go to the front of the Aurora and go along the side of it all the way to the back, Reapers will spawn in 3 at a time 5-10 times each, for a total of 15-30 reapers. They are trying to fix it, but it doesn't seem to be working as of their latest attempt last night.

The problem with Reapers now is they are instant-game breaking because of the fact they spawn in at 5-10 feet away due to their enormous size and how the chunks load on even very high end systems. I know the chunks loading is a optimization/graphics thing they will fix later on, but for now it makes exploring the side of the Aurora absolutely impossible without Invincible on. Even Luke Skywalker wouldn't be able to traverse these paths...
  • Wolf2000Wolf2000 Join Date: 2015-03-14 Member: 202116Members
    edited April 2015
    i used invincible. didn't help much since soon as they grab me they tend to hit the ground so hard that they fly up into the air with me. soon as i land from my free fall another one grabs me and they end up juggling me until i quit the game

And the stasis rifle still works (tested it literally 5 minutes ago) problem is you can only have one "bubble" at a time and it is hard to get 2 in the one bubble let alone all 3 that i run into.
  • AliBAliB Join Date: 2015-04-21 Member: 203699Members
    Just played the Game (experimental of course) and counted 7 Reapers. Could have even been more since some have been popping out in the Distance when I drove along the Aurora, maybe they swam there. But I definetely had 7 of them directly in front of me. I'm not that good :D
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd love to see a personal cloaking field that allows a player to swim past them (but is not strong enough to affect the Cyclops) combined with Sound Cannons™ mounted on the cyclops that will stun lifeforms for 20-30 sec (think cyclops-sized stasis rifle).

Even better would be sound generators that would attract predators from a large area and distract them while the battery lasts.
  • TheEpicBunnyTheEpicBunny California Join Date: 2015-04-27 Member: 203868Members
    You know if u use a stasis rifle, it will be frozen for ever, not just 10 seconds! ;)
    Want one?
    Press enter and type: ITEM STASISRIFLE
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    First time.. I drove my little seamoth upto one and sat there for 2-3 mins watching it, then it grabbed my seamoth.. which was kinda cool, took it's health to 53%.. then another one grabbed the seamoth.. took health to 3%.. I quickly dove down into a trench, got out, repaired.. got in.. got about 3' away.. grabbed.. 53%... 3%... out...and it grabbed me.. and yay.. back in the pod.

Never been back.
    If those thing's spawn more than once in the released version. I won't be buying it.
  • ArmadilloSlothArmadilloSloth USA Join Date: 2015-04-27 Member: 203896Members
    cough Exosuit cough
  • FormousFormous USA Join Date: 2015-01-19 Member: 200918Members
    Ah HA. I trump you All!! I got 15 to suddenly pop in front of me. Many flying into the sky and to the otherside of the Aurora, while 6 or so more start swimming in the immediate vicinity. I got the Nuke-O-Reaper treatment