NS2 toolkit in Wiki ?

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
Hi,

I'm not sure this question is for @Pelargir.

I see there is the map index in the Wiki but there is no section for the toolkit. Is it possible to create one ? Those things made for helping mappers but that aren't map in itself.

I'm thinking about the Blender tools by @BeigeAlert and the Skyboxes by me. I'm also pretty sure there are some other things to check and include. Even if it's inactive now (sometimes it's not necessary to update).

Also maybe having a webbed "you should start here" thread to redirect people to useful tips, video and Wikis.

What say you ?

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    What say you ?

*Raises large mug of mead* Hear hear!
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2015
    So far the most helpful posts of the past should be webbed in this sub-forum, but any kind of summing up or updating the information is highly welcomed :D
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    The only thing I can mention here is this following link: http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Natural_Selection_2_Mapping

If you wanna update the Wiki by adding what you're talking about, go ahead. I'm not sure though if it's wise to put it down onto the Map Index. Another page or even on the one I've just linked should be more appropriate in my opinion.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2015
    *Raises large mug of meat*

I will try to help!

And yes, that says meat.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Pelargir wrote: »
    The only thing I can mention here is this following link: http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Natural_Selection_2_Mapping

If you wanna update the Wiki by adding what you're talking about, go ahead. I'm not sure though if it's wise to put it down onto the Map Index. Another page or even on the one I've just linked should be more appropriate in my opinion.

Yup i considered making a new page and include many things from what is already available.

But there are many documents. I checked one on two from other threads and they are getting old (or need refurbishment). The thing is; many videos, many docs, stuff to check, that i won't be able to browse all that alone.

The idea is to make everything available a much as it can't be. Not only creations, but also tools and guidelines in a "do this, like this" way.