Up Next: Crash Site - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• TheShadowOfTheWindTheShadowOfTheWind Australia Join Date: 2015-04-07 Member: 203074Members
    I would like it if you were to make the Reaper Leviathan look more threatening. Also here are a few more ideas for Subnautica
    1. Add it so that you can change the colour of your subs, buildings and your suit
    2. Have at least a 2 player mode, or servers
    3. Make it so there are reefback calfs
    4. Make a bigger melee weapon(machete), harpoon gun, torpedoes on Cyclops to fight against strong wildlife such as the Reaper Leviathan, Reefback, Bone Shark, Sand Shark. Also add a Stun Stick and maybe a Spear
    5. Bigger biomes
    6. Have it so that the beacons have names on them so that you cant identifie what you are going to such as having Cyclops or the name you selected on the Cyclops or having Escape Pod on where your Escape Pod is
    7. Make the diving suit look more futuristic because it looks like a diving suit you can get now so maybe put shoulder and knee guards on it to make it look a bit futuristic
    8. Add it so that you can put addons onto your subs like weapons, storage units, speed upgrades and reinforcments
    9. Have land animals such as birds and livestock but alienish on the Floater Island to hunt/farm
    10. Have a veihicle that goes on land/sea/air but costs lots of hard to find material also just a small veihicle
    11. Have in the biome that has all the spikes where the Reaper Leviathan will be, but only have 1
    12. For the Reaper Leviathans appearance it should have normal red for the primary, dark red for the secondary and yellow for the eyes so it looks more threatening
    13. Add a health station that you can use
    14. Have an actual boat that is like a little dingy
    15. Have it so floater can be used to make your base float up also make it so that when you build above sealevel that the waves dont clip through the building
    16. Make it os that you can use the lockers that are already on the Cyclops
    Thank you for reading my ideas I hope that you agree with most of them and will put them into the game!
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    If they added most of that, they'd loose me as a customer. violence and explosions you can get in any game. Peace and the odd scary thing.. that's a new way of life.
  • simusimu Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201680Members
    Phalaguim wrote: »
    If they added most of that, they'd loose me as a customer. violence and explosions you can get in any game. Peace and the odd scary thing.. that's a new way of life.
    agreed, please no weapons, canons or that like. Some hazard, risks are perfect, but I prefer exploring (diving) instead of having to fight each creature on the planet.
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    I think that people forget that the basis of this game is not to kill things, but to study the flora and Fauna of the planet.

If you want a game that lets you mindlessly kill animals, go play Farcry.
  • jtsladejtslade FTL, FL, USA Join Date: 2015-04-07 Member: 203058Members
    Is this due out today or does stuff come out on Fridays? Sorry newb question..
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Last week they said in 1-3 weeks. Based on what is in trello for build 53, they are getting close to done but not yet. I'd guess late next week is likely.
  • bplbpl texas Join Date: 2015-04-09 Member: 203188Members
    Sorry to bother you guys but I was just wondering if my surface pro 3 will run this game?
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    Hope we can torpedo that monster to small sushi bits I don't want to get killed with 0 chance to defend my self in a game where sea monsters roam :P
    Fireclaw wrote: »
    I think that people forget that the basis of this game is not to kill things, but to study the flora and Fauna of the planet.

Yes but when that fauna and flora wants to eat me I want a chance to make it dead preferably with torpedoes and plasma canons
  • HawkenScytherHawkenScyther UK Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203320Members
    edited April 2015
    yes that sound is awesome for it, but PLEASE, PLEASE add a small delay between the moment see the explosion, and when you hear it cuz light travels faster than sound (I love good sound and ambience)
  • MiniPilotMiniPilot Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202743Members
    how to get the radiation suit
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    edited April 2015
    MiniPilot wrote: »
    how to get the radiation suit

It does not become available until you actually encounter radiation in the game. Your HUD will display it telling you. After that, you can build the Radiation Suit at any time using 2 Silicon at any Fabricator.
  • babocheebabochee Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19138Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited April 2015
    tarek wrote: »

Yes but when that fauna and flora wants to eat me I want a chance to make it dead preferably with torpedoes and plasma canons

Tarek, that gave me a good chuckle. And I agree. Ive been asking for pressurized, self loading harpoon launchers on my seamoth for a while.
  • vodny_czvodny_cz Czech Republic Join Date: 2014-11-29 Member: 199877Members
    Can't wait to see the explorable Aurora innards :-). Meantime, one of the most annoying things in Subnautica for me is that items I pick up or create can't be "recycled" for example to sand or some kind of material useless material. I have a full inventory, but I don't need that much stuff and I don't like poluting the water with stuff I drop - is there a chance to build some kind of recycling machine so people can get rid of things they don't need? One more reason is that there are lots of same fragments around, seamoth fragments for example, that are a blot for the seabase and moreover as I play the game, the more stuff float in the water, the more laggy the game is, as I observed. Thanks and keep up the awesome work guys.
    babochee wrote: »
    tarek wrote: »

Tarek, that gave me a good chuckle. And I agree. Ive been asking for pressurized, self loading harpoon launchers on my seamoth for a while.

:P np man but I found it odd that a game FULL of deadly creatures but we dont have a chance to even defend ourselves the stasis rifle is nice .. for fishing and that's it ... it wont stop the acid pooping whales or a swarm of bone sharks from destroying me and my small sub then eating me alive

we are already killing fish and coral to survive .. why not kill predators to defend our self?

• TartarinTartarin France Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202162Members
    I see your point but there is a big difference between killing for a meal and killing just to defend oursselves. I like the way predators can be very dangerous and don't be beaten.

But killing a predator to eat it make sense too...
  • LagiacrusLagiacrus USA Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203475Members
    I don't know where to leave suggestions, so here goes. The main things I want to see:
    1. More vehicles (I'd love a good surface boat with an anchor, or a deep sea sub.)
    2. More large creatures (Something GINORMOUS would be awesome)
    3. Customization (More colors, names, etc. Stuff that really says "This is ME!!!"
    4. More Seabase Modules ( I'd love being able to combine modules to make a huge open central area!)
    P.S. the comment button isn't working so don't be surprised if this comes out a thousand times.
  • drill558drill558 Join Date: 2015-04-16 Member: 203499Members
    A few things to say about game so far:
    NEEDS
    1. FINALLY MULTIPLE SAVES HELLS YEAH!!! I also think auto-save could really help in such an open world. Maybe like a save every 10-15 minutes?
    2. Still gotta work on that options menu.
    3. Have a "return to main menu"

WANTS
    1. An in-game Database for environments, flora, and fauna. This is a beautiful game and shouldn't force the player to go to an online wiki to learn about the world. I had thoughts about a scanner tool for the player and environmental scanners for the cyclops/seamoth.
    2. A choice for Male/Female character models. At this early stage that's honestly about as much customization as I care to see.
    3. More life. The concept work for many creatures are awesome. I'd like to see as many of them in the game as possible. ESPECIALLY the sea treaders.
    4. The Abyss with its own ecosystem. Anyone who knows the ocean knows EXACTLY what I mean.

• FDG21FDG21 CA Join Date: 2015-04-16 Member: 203502Members
    i would like to see a female model too, but most importantly I WANT BETTER FRAMERATE mine lags sooooooooooooooo much. i check every day hoping today was the day we got the crash ship update lol
  • drill558drill558 Join Date: 2015-04-16 Member: 203499Members
    edited April 2015
    For me its partially implemented in experimental. I can craft radiation suits, and when the ship explodes and i can enter from the nose of the Aurora. Still no signs of nightmare fuel though.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    @FDG21 - Please post more details in the subnautica bug reporting forum. It is very hard to determine what is causing your problems without any information. Many players experience little to no lag.
  • babocheebabochee Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19138Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited April 2015
    FDG21 wrote: »
    i would like to see a female model too, but most importantly I WANT BETTER FRAMERATE mine lags sooooooooooooooo much. i check every day hoping today was the day we got the crash ship update lol

Why stop @ female?... I want to see white/black/red/asian (yellow?)/ models as well as lesbian/gay/bisexual orientation designations. Oh, and transsexual as well as different body types. Why isnt there an option to make this guy fat? Also, I feel dismembered/disabled military veterans are being ignored in this game. I want to be able to just have 1 arm and 1 leg if I so desire... after all, I am an Airborne Ranger myself...

Seriously, lets focus on game mechanics and core content first, then fill in whatever sociopolitical/lobbyist backed, mindless, torch-and-pitchfork, self-entitled organizational nonsense.