Stuck creatures, fast radiation, odd lighting, F# keys don't work

IrishninjahIrishninjah Broomfield Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203031Members
edited April 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
So I have ran into a few things. Specs are in Signature

To differentiate between the Stable and Experimental build

Italics: Stable
Underline: Experimental

-->F8 and other Fkeys do not work. F3 for console command rights?

-->Game lags out inconsistently while doing things. Spawning in base, swimming, piloting, surfacing etc.

-->Switched to the experimental build after playing the Stable build: The "explosion" alarm went off and the Aurora "blew" up, this happened when; I loaded underwater in the base and the game lagged real bad

-->Radiation!!!! I switched to the experimental build and after the "ship blew" my entire base (that was right under my spawn) was flooded with radiation and it went through my base and sub even! I died and cannot play experimental because I keep dieing. Have not built the rad suit yet.

-->Some random Creature glitches while they swim near base

-->When it cycles to "night" certain items lose lighting? For instance my Lockers all lose lightning at night?

2015_04_06_00003.jpg

2015_04_06_00002.jpg

2015_04_06_00004.jpg

2015_04_06_00005.jpg

Comments

• IrishninjahIrishninjah Broomfield Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203031Members
    edited April 2015
    This happened in the Stable build.

Stuck Creatures Continued:

So now any time I load my save game, the creatures are still stuck in the same spot. And more seem to have spawned. Even when I kill them they do not disappear. And even when I kill them the sounds they make still occur.

----> I will try deconstructing the buildings they are stuck in to fix this issue and post back by editing this post.

NO FIX FOUND, tested the above

--->I tried to deconstruct the base around the creature and it still floated spinning in place. I saved and loaded a few times to no avail. Oddly after I left the area for a while and came back it had been freed as was swimming around my base BUT any time I went near the base (that I created under my original spawn) the whole are lagged out. like 10fps. Made my whole base unplayable no matter how many times i loaded.

So I started a new game. No bugs so far.
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    I get the stuck critters and lighting error on the lockers/my body all the time, those are just bugs.

The lag.. issue, sounds like a driver fault.. like you're stuttering.. could be video driver or possibly sound driver, best to reinstall both. Can't you make a new game in experimental build ? Maybe get a location further away from ship?
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    The stuck creatures are known but I'm not sure they have a bug report.
    The dark structures at night are reported here: https://trello.com/c/iNnlMnFm/358-locker-and-fragment-analyzer-black-at-night