ICO Subnautica Multiplayer

StugovStugov World Map Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202939Members
Good Afternoon Gamers,

Stugov here with a short piece " In the Case Of " Subnautica Multiplayer.

Background:
I have owned Subnautica for one week now and think very highly of this game, as most do.

Lead up:
As we all know the Team at Unknown Worlds have done an amazing job and continue to do so, all due to a great amount of hard work, to be sure, so this is NOT Stugov's request to the Dev's for a "pretty please" make this game multiplayer so that I can enjoy it with my friends!! This is however, I hope, a discussion between the Gamer's as to if such a thing ever became a reality, What would you like to see in a Subnautica Multiplayer?

Main Discussion:
I and joined by many others, Heavily enjoy Minecraft and wish to enter it as an Example to base my part of the discussion on. Minecraft's single player mode boasts a robust free roam world and loose but still present story line, I.E. Defeat the Ender Dragon.

" In the case of " Subnautica I expect and greatly anticipate that the storyline for the Single Player Mode will be much more robust.
But I turn your attention for a moment to the reason why, in my opinion, Minecraft has stayed relevant, because it has a Massive network of Game Servers and "Most" of the popular ones provide Gamers with very different in-game experiences, depending on which one they choose.

I hope that one day I can drive my Cyclops on a journey to check out a base that one of my friends made, or go on an adventure to track down and capture a hard to find exotic fish with my bro's.

Afterwords, change servers to one that boasts sending players on adventures to hunt down very dangerous predator fish in treacherous locations.

Conclusion:
Now to the Community I ask, If ever Subnautica Multiplayer became a reality. How would you like to see it implemented and what parts of gameplay do you believe you would like to enjoy, or suffer through with your friends?

Thank you for your time.

R/S

Stugov

Comments

• FormousFormous USA Join Date: 2015-01-19 Member: 200918Members
    Inter-reliability. Mutations are something I look forward to, but it occurred to me that mutations can go toa pretty extreme extent. One drastic mutation helping you in one place while harming your ability to get to a fabricator to cook is something I would find interesting. Maybe sacrifice your legs for a tail or lungs for gills. This makes you better underwater, but that player who remains Pure Human can act as a cook and maker of tools for you. Creates inter-relation ship, and for roleplay purposes, you can get away with a LOT in this chosen state of interaction.
  • FormousFormous USA Join Date: 2015-01-19 Member: 200918Members
    Inter-reliability. Mutations are something I look forward to, but it occurred to me that mutations can go to a pretty extreme extent. One drastic mutation helping you in one place while harming your ability to get to a fabricator to cook is something I would find interesting. Maybe sacrifice your legs for a tail or lungs for gills. This makes you better underwater, but that player who remains Pure Human can act as a cook and maker of tools for you. Creates inter-relation ship, and for roleplay purposes, you can get away with a LOT in this chosen state of interaction.
  • ctoptrophobectoptrophobe Nashville Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203018Members
    (Sorry if this comes out weird, just toy pills and they are making me loopy). My biggest concerns about the possibility of Sub going multiplayer is balance and limitations. As it stands mob danger is easily avoidable even when going for the blast powder. This allows an easy time to plunder and build.
    If co-op was allowed it should
    - first be limited to, say, 4 max.
    - increase item node spawn locations BUT drop the rate T which they spawn based on total online players
    - Optional PvP but PvE and no griefing or raiding other players builds by default.
    - increase hostile mob population and Aggressiveness based on total logged in players.

Just my 2 cents.