Question

JuplikaJuplika Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202497Members
Hey there!

Just wondering if you have a demo I can try as I don't want to buy the game without knowing if it'll work on my PC.

Cheers

Juplika

Comments

• Zoltan_aZoltan_a Belgium Join Date: 2015-02-28 Member: 201609Members
    Hello,

There is no demo, this is rarely proposed nowadays.

You can see the requirements on the steam page when you scroll down, aim for the recommended settings if you want to be sure

Subnautica in Steam

If you are unsure you can post here you computer specs I'm sure many will give you advices

Bye
  • neamerjellneamerjell Cincinnati, OH Join Date: 2015-03-25 Member: 202560Members
    Copied from the site linked above:
    System Requirements

Minimum:
    Processor: Intel Haswell 2 cores / 4 threads @ 2.5Ghz or equivalent
    Graphics: Intel HD 4600 or equivalent
    Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Subnautica is an Early Access game, and minimum specifications may change during development

Recommended:
    Processor: Intel Haswell 4 cores / 4 threads @ 3.2Ghz or equivalent
    Graphics: Nvidia GTX 550 ti or equivalent
    Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Subnautica is an Early Access game, and recommended specifications may change during development.

I slightly disagree with this.

My specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.0 GHz
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i (closed loop water cooling)
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3
    GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 (might be factory overclocked, either way, I left it as it came out of the box)
    SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB <-- this is where Windows is installed
    HDD: Seagate 3 TB <-- this is where the game is installed
    Game is set to highest detail and 1920x1080 resolution

When I play the game, my CPU spikes to 100% on all 4 cores, and the temps climb to the 60C range, but the GPU is barely being used. Having played Kerbal Space Program, which is also Unity based, I expected more CPU than GPU, but 100% ? Is that normal for the game in its current state?
  • Zoltan_aZoltan_a Belgium Join Date: 2015-02-28 Member: 201609Members
    edited March 2015
    By the way 60°C CPU temp is not uncommon with an average air cooler, I don't know about your cooler or your case airflow, maybe you should launch the game with the recommended graphic quality instead of the Highest as this is stated as experimental.

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2015
    I guess a way to see if your pc is ready for subnautica beside buying the game directly might be to try out the "subnautica terrain tech demo" which is available for free at steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/273550/ (it is from really early dev stage so expect worse perfomance that the game itself)

If your pc is able to handle that it should be also able to handle subnautica.