World does not complete building.

The_SearcherThe_Searcher Albany, California, US Join Date: 2015-03-25 Member: 202548Members
This does not appear to be a crash per se, but perhaps it is.

I launch the game from my list of games in my Steam library. I am given a console window with options. I have chosen my monitor resolution (1920 - 1080), Recommended resolution, and monitor 1 (I have two monitors and a television plugged into my graphics card - only monitor 1 - my primary monitor - is on. This takes me to the initial game screen where I choose 'Survival'. A image of a spaceship plummeting into the atmosphere of a watery planet appears. In the upper right hand corner it states that the version is Build 15170 Mar-15. In the lower left hand corner some information flits by, and then the words 'Loading World' with the number of what I am assuming is seconds counting up in parenthesis. I let that number run up to around 1320 (22 minutes) before I forced the game to close. I have no idea how long it would have kept running but it appears as it would run indefinitely.

This happens every time I run the program. I tried running it at lower monitor resolutions but I get the same affect; I have also tried running this on my other monitor but the problem persists.

Here are the general specs of my machine:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 kept current.
Intel i7-2600K Quad-Core CPU @ 3.4GHz
16 GB Corsair DDR3 XMS-3 RAM
MSI Z68A-GD80 G3 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti (3GB) with current release drivers
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Sound Card
Corsiar AX1200 1200W Power Supply

Am happy to supply dxdiag output, but I'm not sure it's actually 'crashing'.

Really looking forward to getting into this once I can get it running!

Cheers!
-TS

Comments

• The_SearcherThe_Searcher Albany, California, US Join Date: 2015-03-25 Member: 202548Members
    OK. Please forgive the preceding error report. When I ran the file integrity check there were about 200 files that needed to be redownloaded. Once this occurred I was able to start the game. My bad. :-(
  • DablinDablin New Zealand Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202432Members
    Hey atleast it worked out ay? :) Nothing worse then downloading a new game and the computers like "Nah! I don't think so buddy"