Spark Editor mouse/viewport sensitivity?

MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
Hi,

I just got a new mouse and implemented all of my old settings and figured out sensitivities that I'm comfortable with for windows and other programs and games. Problem is that the camera sens in spark is now way too high. So I'm wondering if there's a way to turn it down somehow? I've been looking through the settings in both the editor and the .xml within the appdata folder, but I can't find anything.

If this is not possible as of right now, is there a chance for a quick and dirty implementation? Or perhaps someone could mod in support?

Thanks for replies!

Comments

• Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    Under tools, go to settings and in the general tab you can deactivate camera acceleration, if you think it's moving to fast.

I think spark just uses the mouse sens you set in windows control panel, an option is to drag it down before each mapping session. If you have a mouse with an onboard driver and config, maybe you can set it to drop sensitivity when spark.exe is running.
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Thanks for your reply.

Camera acceleration is already off. Turning down the windows sensitivity is not an option because the mouse becomes too slow for anything else when set to a level where it is comfortable to move the camera around.

I found a cheap workaround that changes my dpi down to a good level when holding another button, but it's tedious because I need to hold two buttons down to prevent the camera from spazzing out too much. So that's kind of annoying.

If anyone has the knowhow to implement some kind of sensitivity adjust that would be awesome, and I believe a lot of people would welcome it!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2015
    Perhaps if I ever get access to the tools I could. Though you could just use a program that allows you to change it per program/hotkey or through the software that comes with your mouse. I know Logitech gaming mice have that, at least my G600 does.
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2015
    Hey again.

I figured out how to do this with some heavy googling and trial/error. But there is a way, using AutoHotKey.

I stole someone elses script that let them hold down a button to change the windows sens to 0.5 of the original sens when pressing a button and setting it back when releasing. I edited it to do it on the right-click as well as actually right-clicking.

Just create a new AutoHotKey script with this in it:
    ; GET INTIAL MOUSE SPEED:
    ; 0x70 (SPI_GETMOUSESPEED), third parameter is the speed (range is 1-20, 10 is default)
    DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", UInt, 0x70, UInt, 0, UIntP, Mouse_Speed_Orig, UInt, 0)

Mouse_Speed_Slow := Mouse_Speed_Orig * 0.5
    Mouse_Speed_Slow := Floor(Mouse_Speed_Slow)
    ; Or directly set the speed: Mouse_Speed_Slow =5
    Return

RButton::
    sendinput {f5}
    send {Click down right}
    loop, 1
    {
    KeyWait, RButton
    sendinput {f5}
    send {Click up right}
    }
    return

f5::
    ; 0x71 (SPI_SETMOUSESPEED), third parameter is the speed (range is 1-20, 10 is default)
    DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", UInt, 0x70, UInt, 0, UIntP, Mouse_Speed_Now, UInt, 0)
    If Mouse_Speed_Now =%Mouse_Speed_Orig%
    DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", UInt, 0x71, UInt, 0, UInt, Mouse_Speed_Slow, UInt, 0)
    Else
    DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", UInt, 0x71, UInt, 0, UInt, Mouse_Speed_Orig, UInt, 0)
    Return

~/::Suspend
    +~/::Suspend

Now on to figuring out how to run the script when I run Spark, and close the script when I close spark.

Edit:

To run the script with Spark a batch file can be created in the place of the Spark shortcut. And to exit the script and Spark at the same time I added a Shift+Esc hotkey in the script to do just that:
    +Esc::
    SetTitleMatchMode 2
    WinClose Spark Editor
    ExitApp
    Return