Great game so far

dargor5dargor5 USA Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202192Members
I've purchased this game out of all the good reviews that I've seen and I can say they are all accurate. This is a great game and I'm surprised after 3 hours of gameplay no bugs showed up. I've never been into deep diving or sea exploration (I do have a fish tank though) but I love the game, is so different from every other games out there, feels very refreshing.

One thing that I would really change is the hunger and thirst system. I get it, is a survival game but it is just to often that we have to be eating, I think this is a mistake that every single survival game has. The try to make you survive with a bit of "realism" when is really not there, after a while it just gets annoying. The fact that I need oxigen is a very well palced mechaninc cause of the setting of the game, but you could make hunger and thirst last a bit longer.
For example I have a mod for Dying Light that give's you the need to feed and drink, each lasts 45 minutes of real time, giving you enough time to enjoy and play before having to worry again about it all the time.

Anyway that's all that I have to say, great job so far devs ;)

Comments

• VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    I've also reported that I felt the food and water meters dropped a bit too quickly in survival mode. Hopefully this will get balanced a bit more in our favour sometime :)
  • Wolf2000Wolf2000 Join Date: 2015-03-14 Member: 202116Members
    If hunger and thirst bothers you that much you can always use freedom mode. ;)
  • dargor5dargor5 USA Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202192Members
    Wolf2000 wrote: »
    If hunger and thirst bothers you that much you can always use freedom mode. ;)

I know but i do like the survivor part to of the game. On freedom already got the big submarine and fell of the edge of the map xD on my seamoth (guess we landed on a flat world)
    I think the line is too fine between having a challenge and just been annoying. For instance I love the challenge of the oxigen, the fact that your inventory is somewhat limited, that you need to go back to your pod to get food and stuff, but when I have to go back to often to get food it starts to become a bit annoying. I don't want it to last for hours, just maybe bump it up a bit.

Still out of all the Survivor games on steam (there are like a gazillion nowadays) this one takes the crown out of been an actual different game from everything else