Special Edition

WarCriesWarCries United States Join Date: 2015-03-11 Member: 201959Members
Hi, I was under the impression that the 1st 10,000 buyers of Subnautica were to get the hull plate. I purchased the steam version thinking I got it. Am I screwed?

Comments

• warbrand2warbrand2 Join Date: 2010-12-13 Member: 75657Members
    I did the same thing and am wondering the same thing.
  • CainAlexanderCainAlexander USA Join Date: 2015-03-11 Member: 201983Members
    I did the same thing too. I'd be so disapointed if I didn't get the plate its 1 of the reasons I bought the game so early. Needs to be some kinda of dlc for $15.01for the ppl who bought the steam version so we can get the special addition stuff.
  • SkullsnBonesSkullsnBones Germany Join Date: 2015-03-11 Member: 201989Members
    WarCries wrote: »
    Hi, I was under the impression that the 1st 10,000 buyers of Subnautica were to get the hull plate. I purchased the steam version thinking I got it. Am I screwed?

Hello, I have the same problem. regards
  • WarCriesWarCries United States Join Date: 2015-03-11 Member: 201959Members
    Do devs ever read these forums? Not sure if I can return steam game and repurchase. -_-
  • The_HawkThe_Hawk South Africa Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201321Members
    hi guys the hull plate version as far as I am awear is purchased separately via humble bundle in the following link for 35 $

http://subnauticagame.com/

and is known as the special edition

and requires porting into steam via a separate humble bundle interface

good news at the time of righting this post there were still 8709 copy's available

no I'm not a dev nor am I a admin just a guy trying to help

hope this has clarified things for you
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Sorry, guys, those special hull plates are only available by purchasing the $35 Special Edition from out website http://subnauticagame.com/
  • MalkContentMalkContent Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    How long does it usually take for the hull plate to deliver? (cause tomorrow it'll be a week for me)
  • ED0ggYED0ggY Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17103Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    @MalkContent Mine took two weeks to be delivered, that was the first batch of Hull plates given out, i remember some tweaking was needed from UWE.

it will come soon enough.
    Sorry, guys, those special hull plates are only available by purchasing the $35 Special Edition from out website http://subnauticagame.com/

SO that means players like me will never be able to get them. I have to use steam cards for buying games so this excludes me from being able to get something cool... which sucks.

• LivingConcourseLivingConcourse USA Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201402Members
    I did buy the Special Edition and still havnt received mine yet, how do I get it? Yes I filled out the special sheet you had to fill out for it. Just havnt received it yet and purchased it Feb 17th
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    From what I've seen, they manually load these in once every 1-3 weeks.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    warbrand2 wrote: »

SO that means players like me will never be able to get them. I have to use steam cards for buying games so this excludes me from being able to get something cool... which sucks.
    Yes, sorry about that Warbrand2. We are as frustrated as you are. We were hoping to be able to set up a Steam Special Edition with those hull plates but the way the player data is collected to display player name and date of purchase does not work if we set it up on Steam, and even the current approach has been a pain, since we are having to take time to manually set up each hull plate.
    well could you give something else to teh steam purchasers. like a steam supporter plate or something?