Characters

FormousFormous USA Join Date: 2015-01-19 Member: 200918Members
While we do have Mohawk, the Surviving Diverman, I was wondering if we may see any females in the game. Being one myself, I just like to pick something akin to me. I did see the concept model and I thought it would be cool near the end of development when time exists for Co-op development if we may possible see both male and female models between players? And a number at it. Example, I like the model I see here.

https://sketchfab.com/models/556c7b30b2dd49ffa2bade11a9322333

But I personally am not a fan of ponytails XP. Also not a fan of Mohawks. :P

Dev's I was wondering if you may consider near game end to create customization of the player character in terms of face and some basic height and body shape things. It's weird, I know, and would be low priority. But near end if Co-op is made thanks to available resources and time and lack of remaining essential features, it would be nice to have a more personal character to play with my friends. To this regard, thing's I may like to see is at least 1 or 2 faces on both male and female, and maybe some varied hairstyles?

What does everyone else think? Would, in coop, a at least slightly detailed personal customization benefit and add character to the game? Or Detract from...something?

Comments

• Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This could be nice but it would be bottom of the priority list.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    We definitely hope to be able to allow players such as yourself, Formous, to be able to choose between male and female characters eventually. As you can see, we have a pretty good start on the art side for the female player model, but there is still a lot of work to do before it is implemented in game. Currently our focus is things which are important to the core gameplay, and something like character customization is just a purely visual feature.

So, while we can't give you a timeframe for when we will be able to add the female character to the game, we can tell you that it is still very much on our radar and something we hope to be able to get to before the final release of the game.
  • FormousFormous USA Join Date: 2015-01-19 Member: 200918Members
    Of Course, thanks for replying Squel. Ultimately, I will choose the core features over this any day, and I rather see this looked at closer to a time when Co-op development is considered and started rather then at the current moment, when I have far more interest in that Reaper Leviathan on your Trello board, among other things. Focus on the game and story and items in the world, please. This is a request for when you guys can work on Coop at the end of development.