Base building will be alot of fun

tsunam1tsunam1 Canada Join Date: 2014-10-26 Member: 199145Members
Hey guys, good work on the game so far. I've been playing a bit with the available base parts and even though it's limited atm, it is well made and addicting. I can't image how fun its gonna be once you add other base asset and interactivity/animations to them.

Here's a couple things i noticed with base building:

- If u place a room on a surface that has a small hill or grass, terrain can be seen inside from the outside when u look at windows. Also if you build a room over a rock, you won't be able to move in that room as if the rock was there but invisible. It would be nice if you could remove terrain where you place your room so it doesn't clip inside.

- if you place a door on a wall, the wall turns black

- windows are still buggy sometimes especially if you want to place them on the 4 walls to make an observatory room. It creates a hole and you end up in the ocean, inside your base.

Anyhow, it looks like a pretty solid groundwork. Good job!

Comments

• Nuki255Nuki255 US Join Date: 2015-01-06 Member: 200658Members
    edited February 2015
    Bring a terraformer with you, so you can terrform inside. This will allow you to move through the room by collecting the sand/stuff that can only be seen outside looking in.
  • Vyn_HalcyonVyn_Halcyon Join Date: 2015-02-16 Member: 201375Members
    I kinda fail to see why one would want to build a base at all, in an exploration game with a mobile base (Cyclops). A more useful addition would have been Submarine building. A static structure in an exploration game will just degenerate into a supply depot. What can a base do, which the cyclops can't?

Why defend a static base, if you can escape with a mobile base?
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2015
    I would assume basebuilding could be the groundwork for implementing things that you cant really do on submarines.

Maybe resource gathering and crafting will become interesting at some point. (for ideas, look at something like minecraft tekkit with buildcraft/industrialcraft etc.)

So there would be stuff to do at your base...
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Koruyo is right there will be more advanced things the static base can hold (labs) that the cyclops won't be abLe to