So.... NS2:Combat

13»

Comments

• Anti_BosonAnti_Boson Join Date: 2013-07-03 Member: 185878Members
    I'll let them know
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's just frustrating seeing what happened to it. Even though I fundamentally hated the combat mod in NS2 for being utterly broken and imbalanced, it was still fun from time to time and even if its just 1-2 servers like it was before standalone was release, that would be enough for me to play it occasionally if it was in the main client.

If its possible, make it possible or as others have said, move on and develop your own licenses. Devs have a lot of talent and would love to see them try at their own game.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    They could try their hand at a new game, a FPS / RTS combination, asymmetrical teams with multiple tech trees and abilities that can be researched. They could even call it, Unnatural Evolution
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    They could try their hand at a new game, a FPS / RTS combination, asymmetrical teams with multiple tech trees and abilities that can be researched. They could even call it, Unnatural Evolution

Nah, just call it "Natural Selxion."
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Mendasp - Perhaps it could even be considered a courtesy not to have your name on that in any context.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Why is everyone talking about how and why Combat needs to be SA, when it can remain a Stand Alone product but still be incorporated into NS2's main menu??

Has no one ever played a COD game where you click "Multiplayer" and it exits and relaunches the other appid in your Steam library?
    I did play it, but not for long - for that reason exactly.
    @IronHorse I'd love to have that option!
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    it works in red orchestra with both rising storm aand heroes of stalinggrad
  • AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Now that you mention legal stuff, I still see no credits for the original authors of the maps they remade (of which I'm one of them), which they assured me a few times they were going to do. Or the CDT work they integrated.

During the 72hr stream'athon event leading up to Combat:SA launch, I asked multiple guest FLG developers and community casters specifically this. I asked if permission/royalties/compensation was going to be given to the mappers and other community members who had put in hundreds of hours of work into the original maps, art, code and concepts which they were now using in their stand-alone game. It appears that the legalities of the IP they flat out refused to discuss and I was banned from the stream and the topic swept under the rug. *shakes head*
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2: Combat http://steamcharts.com/app/310110

NS2 http://steamcharts.com/app/4920

Funny how combat and siege killed of NS1 and seems to have been reversed now.
  • Perman12Perman12 Campuchia Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201130Members
    im rather play Lambda Wars Beta F2P on Steam , rather spend $$ to buy a "standalone mod/DLC"

http://steamcharts.com/app/270370
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    NS2: Combat http://steamcharts.com/app/310110

NS2 http://steamcharts.com/app/4920

Funny how combat and siege killed off NS1 and seems to have been reversed now.

Yes, cause its "funny" when people lose their livelihoods.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I certainly didn't mean it in any horrible way, I actually want to play the game and I'm sorry if you are offended.

For everyone's info I bought three copies of NS2:Combat for me and my friends.

:((
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    They haven't given credit to most level designers, or even more specifically to the NS2 devs who actually created 99.9% of the assets they are working with. Technically they didn't even "copyright" the game, so there are no legality issues involved, if UWE or someone else wanted to take the .lua and implement it back into NS2 they could. I have already checked this out after specific admins here banned me (i had a lot of time on my hands) there was no legal issues or processes involved in securing the game-code portion of the .lua files. The only thing FLG owns is there assets and the compiles they produce, under which those products are produced using Charlie Clevelands copyrighted material.

So Technically, this is Flayras game if you want to look at it how i did (check out some of the .lua files) they left most of his copyright inside of it and forgot to copy-paste it into some of the most important stuff, it was funny because at times FLG put there own credits to the lua that wasn't even written by them.

The game mode that is coming to combat seems to be pretty cool, but it will most certainly not save the game nor make people want to play it unless the game is re-integrated as part of the core game, I am sorry to my friends who are working wih it but FLG and UWE/CDT need to make it seemless like it was in NS1, you can change the map and it loads combat co = combat ns2 = ns2.
    edited March 2015
    Combat is fully copyrighted. Copying anything from combat to ns2 or vise versa without consent is in fact copyright infringement and anyone doing so will indeed get a cease and desist notice and possible legal action. Credit to all members involved in the creation of combat have been fully credited under the terms of the contract. Beyond that I can't comment.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2015
    nizb0ag wrote: »
    They haven't given credit to most level designers, or even more specifically to the NS2 devs who actually created 99.9% of the assets they are working with. Technically they didn't even "copyright" the game, so there are no legality issues involved, if UWE or someone else wanted to take the .lua and implement it back into NS2 they could. I have already checked this out after specific admins here banned me (i had a lot of time on my hands) there was no legal issues or processes involved in securing the game-code portion of the .lua files. The only thing FLG owns is there assets and the compiles they produce, under which those products are produced using Charlie Clevelands copyrighted material.

So Technically, this is Flayras game if you want to look at it how i did (check out some of the .lua files) they left most of his copyright inside of it and forgot to copy-paste it into some of the most important stuff, it was funny because at times FLG put there own credits to the lua that wasn't even written by them.

The game mode that is coming to combat seems to be pretty cool, but it will most certainly not save the game nor make people want to play it unless the game is re-integrated as part of the core game, I am sorry to my friends who are working wih it but FLG and UWE/CDT need to make it seemless like it was in NS1, you can change the map and it loads combat co = combat ns2 = ns2.

FLG did buy a license from UWE to use the spark engine and any content coming with ns2. That's one of the reason Combat was published by UWE.

Therefor by US copyright law (and mostly by any other international copyright law) the content coming with Combat is owned by FLG. Also UWE offered FLG this deal btw.

Please inform yourself a bit more about things before posting them !!!

It might be right that they forgot to credit some of the original ns1/ns2 map creators but in fact they didn't have to ( beside out of matters of honor and fairness ) from the laws point of view.