NSL? Mod

xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I recently published an update to the 'NSL' mod which allows it to use different league configurations within the same mod, like AusNS or NSL or even the WC. I can also update each league's settings or even add new league configurations via github without updating the mod. With this update the mod is more of a League mod, but I am not sure what I should name it. NSL is obviously something everyone is familiar with so thats what I am using currently, but could there be a better name for the mod? Also, should any of the admin/ref commands be renamed for better clarity? Below are the current commands:

Ref/Admin only console commands:
sv_nslsay <message> - Will send a message to all connected players that displays in yellow.
sv_nsltsay <team, message> - Will send a message to all players on the team provided that displays in yellow.
sv_nslpsay <player, message> - Will send a message to the provided player that displays in yellow.
sv_nslcfg <state> - disabled,pcw,official - Changes the configuration mode of the NSL plugin.
sv_nslconfig <league> - Changes the league settings used by the NSL plugin.
sv_nslapprovemercs <team, opt. player> - Forces approval of teams mercs, '1' approving for marines which allows alien mercs.
sv_nslclearmercs <team> - 1,2 - Clears approval of teams mercs, '1' clearing any alien mercs.
sv_nslpause Will pause/unpause game using standard delays. Does not consume teams allowed pauses.
sv_nslforcestart Will force the countdown to start regardless of teams ready status, still requires commanders.
sv_nslcancelstart Will cancel a game start countdown currently in progress.
sv_nslsetteamnames <team1name, team2name> Will set the team names manually, will prevent automatic team name updates.
sv_nslswitchteams Will switch team names (best used if setting team names manually).
sv_nslsetteamscores <t1score, t2score> Will set the team scores manually.
sv_nslfirstpersonspectate Will switch to first person spectate.

All Players console commands:
sv_nslinfo <team> - marines,aliens,specs,other,all - Will return the player details from the corresponding league site.
sv_nslmerchelp Displays specific help information pertaining to approving and clearing mercs.
sv_nslhelp - Displays message similar to above.

All Players Chat/Console commands:
pause - Pauses the game. (*note, this is gpause in console because of engine level command pause*).
unpause or resume - Marks your team as ready to resume the game.
rejectmercs or clearmercs - Clears any merc approvals for your team.
/mercsok or mercsok or approvemercs - Chat command, will approve opposing teams merc(s), optionally takes a target player by NS2ID, GameID or Name.
ready or rdy - Marks your team as ready to start the game.
notready or notrdy - Marks your team as not ready, or triggers a 're' if within the allowed restart time after a match has started.
stuck or /stuck or \stuck or unstuck - Will automatically attempt to unstuck your player after a random amount of time.

Also, I would like to take this chance to ask for any other feedback/other things the NSL mod could/should do to.

Some of the other changes with the newest or the next version include:
Fixed pause plugin issues caused in B263.
Added short caching of scores at the end of rounds to persist between map changes.
Added spectated players name to third person "follow" spectate.
Removed FF toggle, made it a league configuration option.
Removed texturemod as I now believe hitching is caused by other factors.
Fixed issue with targetting players by ns2id, added gameID.
Removed disabled ref 'reserve slot'.
Potentially added badges for specific teams when other required mods are loaded (havent tested).
Fixed custom tech point files always being used even if mod not enabled.
Clarified a couple messages about un-readying.
Added unstuck failed message.
Added override to default map cycle time of 10 hours, will now cycle maps every 3 (when server is empty and game not started).

blahblah wall of text i know.

Comments

• ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Thanks for this, Dragon. I was about to get in touch with you for a list of all the commands for the admins and refs.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    After the latest update it seems like pcw mode turned off on NSL servers. Admins: type sv_nslcfg pcw to get it back to the default setting.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Good to know, thanks for the information. May I ask you to let me know me once you're connected to one of the NSL servers to enable the mod again?
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @Pelargir It's enabled on The Thirsty Onos NSL server but I can't do it on any other server. Or what did you mean?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited February 2015
    Just tell me if you're on another NSL server and the mod isn't enabled. I cannot connect to servers myself so I will wait till someone pokes me.
  • MajorTicoMajorTico New York Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188942Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited February 2015
    why cant refs kick/ban anymore? i dont really care that we cant just curious if there was purpose behind it or if its because it turned into having admin on each server and if thats the case then i understand why
    MajorTico wrote: »
    why cant refs kick/ban anymore? i dont really care that we cant just curious if there was purpose behind it or if its because it turned into having admin on each server and if thats the case then i understand why

I'm guessing it's because pcw mode (the default) has been turned off since the last update. It disabled a lot of the admins' commands. Log in to The Thirsty Onos NSL and check your available commands. If you have access to all commands you use to have then that's the problem.
    Actually no. Both Referees and Admins have NSL commands, on any servers, it only needs to get enabled (official or pcw modes), which will provide you the blue moon badge.

But, these NSL commands that are listed above do not have anything related to basic commands such as kick, changemap and ban. These commands are allowed for Referees on NSL servers: provided by UWE or other partners such as Thirsty Onos, you can check out these commands by typing sv_help in the console. But in whole, they're only working on tagged NSL servers. Admins get more commands but on the same servers, meaning that if you don't have them but you should, either nobody does, or there's simply some kind of bug and you have to contact me right away.

First post on this thread will show you on what servers you get access and basic commands: http://www.ensl.org/topics/1147
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    You can also type sv_nslhelp I'm pretty sure.
    Seb wrote: »
    You can also type sv_nslhelp I'm pretty sure.

For NSL commands yeah. Not for regular commands. And the NSL mod does not provide kick, ban or changemap commands anyway.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2015
    Refs and Admins never had access to kick/ban via the NSL mod, they would need to be setup as an admin on the server for those commands (via the standard NS2 admin or Shine etc). I could add access to a basic temp ban sorta function for Refs/NSL Admins if people think it would be helpful.

Also, if the NSL mod is disabled a ref would not be able to turn it back on, you would need a server admin to do that... Which is sounding like an oversight on my part.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    So I noticed there's this little bit of text in NSLConfig.json:
    "perf":"DEFAULT"

I'm wondering if it's actually working and what the other presets would be called?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2015
    d4rkAlf wrote: »

I'm wondering if it's actually working and what the other presets would be called?

Well, the nsl was experimenting with a set of net var settings which all kind of didn't worked out. They can still be found in the global config file: https://github.com/xToken/NSL/blob/master/configs/nsl_leagueconfig.json#L207
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    d4rkAlf wrote: »

Well, the nsl was experimenting with a set of net var settings which all kind of didn't worked out. They can still be found in the global config file: https://github.com/xToken/NSL/blob/master/configs/nsl_leagueconfig.json#L207

I don't know if this is a discussion better held in private, but I notice they all lower the interpolation value. Would it be possible that keeping an interp of 100 while increasing the other rates might work out?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The interpolation change wasn't the source of the problem, it seemed that increasing the client update rate had a negative impact on overall hit registration. Those presets worked well (infact the default was the medium preset for a while), hopefully once some hit registration improvements are made we can explore those options again.