Dear person(s) that have been ddos attacking the [TA] servers for the past X number of weeks

KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
edited February 2015 in NS2 General Discussion

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I'm not really sure about the purpose of this thread. Do you really think any active forum member would use such a "stupid" method like ddosing ?
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    There are some retards that think bad about siegemode (siege mode killed a lot of server in ns1 times) but still shity thing to do. And im with Ghoul on this one i dont think any of thouse ppl are on the forum.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not making a thread is going to help even less.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    Not making a thread is going to help even less.

So how does making a thread help?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    So far i know of a bunch of ns2 servers which had to deal or are dealing daily with ddos-attacks.

If a server operator is interested in solving these kind of issues he/she is free to open a thread in the server sub-forum to ask other server ops for help and advise.

This thread just goes nowhere and is just a perfect opportunity imho for that kind of derailing we don't want to have here!

So I'm closing it.
This discussion has been closed.