Spark Editor

LangMasterCzLangMasterCz Czech Join Date: 2015-01-08 Member: 200703Members
Hello! I need help with spark editor .When i want use paint tool for textures the editor became unresponsive this is happening too with create prop and another some tools. Thanks for help!

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hello! I need help with spark editor .When i want use paint tool for textures the editor became unresponsive this is happening too with create prop and another some tools. Thanks for help!

Hmm... what are your system specs?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Probably because it tried to create thumbnails for textures that are so old that they reference lua files and flash videos.
  • LangMasterCzLangMasterCz Czech Join Date: 2015-01-08 Member: 200703Members
    My specs are ok because i can run the game at 30 FPS with medium quality no fps drops
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Probably because it tried to create thumbnails for textures that are so old that they reference lua files and flash videos.

@SamusDroid If that's the case, how does one fix this?
    My specs are ok because i can run the game at 30 FPS with medium quality no fps drops

That sounds like one big, constant fps drop to me. Not making fun, just suggesting that it might be time for an upgrade. The game should never run that slow. Are you using Intel HD Graphics, or do you have a dedicated graphics card? You'll have a pretty hard time making any levels with a system that can barely run the game; the editor requires a bit more horsepower to work effectively, as there's no occlusion processing of any kind present.

What happens if you try to open up an existing map in the editor? (eg ns2_summit)
  • LangMasterCzLangMasterCz Czech Join Date: 2015-01-08 Member: 200703Members
    edited January 2015
    yea my pc is too slow tryed to open another maps and editor again unresponsive :/ btw thanks for try to help me :-bd

edit: oh now its working little lags but i can move in map :D but sometimes still unresponsive