Responsive HUD or... that named "Dynamic Resolution".

gzhegowgzhegow Belarus, Brest Join Date: 2015-01-13 Member: 200820Members
Hello, i'm Zmey from Belarus, i did play NS1 at 2-3 years, and play now NS2.

I play i the notebook Asus K56C with GTX635 Videocard.

I shall get down game setting to ULTRA LOW, and getting the 20 fps at all.

I shall download mods Ultra Low Mod 1 + Ultra Low Mod 2.
I shall increase priority of game process to HIGH
I shall install the CPU-Control utility to set the game use 4 cores, and all another programs use 1 core.
I shall increase priority of CMOS Timer in the Windows Registry
I shall get the "best_performance" settings in Geforce Panel
I shall boost the videocard adapter at 30% for play
I get down the screen resolution to 640x400 and getting 60-80 fps for better play.

But i can't commanding, what the commander console is holding half-screen with me.
I shall go in options, increase the screen resolution, and did command, i lose 30 (!!!) FPS when do this.

Please create Dynamic Resolution function (some as in Battlefield 4 - it is a small trackbar, what staying the HUD in 1280x1024, but the game will play in 640 x 480.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• gzhegowgzhegow Belarus, Brest Join Date: 2015-01-13 Member: 200820Members
    If you like the idea, please post "Like" for the developers here.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I know you've already received an answer and that this may not be what you wanted to hear, but :

Your clock rate of your CPU is still WELL below the minimum requirements to play this game. Your notebook model ranges from 1.6 ghz single core to 2 ghz.
    The minimum requirement is 2.6 Ghz, which is still drastically low..
    The same goes for your video card. It's also below the minimum requirements, and is slower than video cards released nine years ago.

Basically, what I am telling you is that your notebook is not meant for gaming!
    It's an office notebook, and is meant for office related activities, like almost all notebooks. (or any mobile computing that is 2 cm thick like yours)
    But if you don't mind dealing with FPS and resolution problems like you are.. *Shrug* best of luck to ya then friend :)

IronHorse wrote: »
    I know you've already received an answer and that this may not be what you wanted to hear, but :

Your clock rate of your CPU is still WELL below the minimum requirements to play this game. Your notebook model ranges from 1.6 ghz single core to 2 ghz.
    The minimum requirement is 2.6 Ghz, which is still drastically low..
    The same goes for your video card. It's also below the minimum requirements, and is slower than video cards released nine years ago.

Basically, what I am telling you is that your notebook is not meant for gaming!
    It's an office notebook, and is meant for office related activities, like almost all notebooks. (or any mobile computing that is 2 cm thick like yours)
    But if you don't mind dealing with FPS and resolution problems like you are.. *Shrug* best of luck to ya then friend :)

Ho, ho!
    On this "nine years ago" book on minimal detail running Far Cry 4 with 65 FPS
    Yeah, tell me some about "Ubisoft is a millioner, we haven't pounds for this" !!
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Wow. That's honestly impressive, so much so that I want to see evidence of it.
    Neither your CPU nor GPU meets Far Cry 4's minimum requirements.. so that would definitely be impressive to achieve 65 fps with.

Here's a link showing what I was referring to. It compares your GPU to the 9 year old one that was 6 generations prior to yours, as well as one that came out this year. :)

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    I think the question might be what resolution and graphical tweaks does he get that supposed 65 fps in far cry 4 by the look of his post.

Your playing the game, but at those low of quality I personally wouldnt find it worthwhile to play games but to each their own.
    edited January 2015
    Be interested, what the GPU is worked at 30-40%, problems && freezes coming in Processor 4Cores Intel i5 what have 1.7ghz only, if mega-battle is on screen.

** Ok, if Dynamic Resolution now in Trello, problem is now solved.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Can't speak for CDT, but this "Dynamic Resolution" sounds like it'd require some pretty heavy engine changes. The game is being maintained and improved by a very small group of volunteers, and honestly, this probably is close to the bottom of the list of desired features... if it's even on the list at all.
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter