Which is your favourite ns2 map to play on?

2»

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Neck and neck with tram and veil so far!
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Friendly reminder guys, I would of put more maps on there if I could however you are only allowed up to 10 polling options which fitted perfectly as there are 10 official maps :)
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Eclipse, because with decent players it offers some of the most intense battles fighting over small gains.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Only problem with mineshaft, is the one everyone knows about.
    Repair - Cave close spawn.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    AurOn2 wrote: »

Mineshaft is fine, but why on earth it is so dark?

Pelargir wrote: »

Its not the darkness thats the problem with mineshaft, its that pesky compressor in crusher, it has claimed many gorge lives.... RIP fattys :(
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Best high player count pub map.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    On pubs I think I prefer Biodome
    For competitive matches, I'd say Summit
  • ImpatientJediImpatientJedi Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183870Members
    edited December 2014
    Of all the original maps, refinery was the least chosen.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I actually prefer ns2_jambi now. Probably because all others have been overplayed, but still, jambi has turned out to be one of the best maps around imo. But since it's not in the list, tram it is.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited December 2014
    So I guess it's safe to say that veil and tram are sort of even for being the favorite map?
    Veil ftw
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    especially with that christmas mod Kodiak is just sooo marvelous :)
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    While I feel that veil is my "favorite" map, some of my most fun games have been on summit and docking
    Poor Docking, ain't getting no love, to be honest I prefered the old version of docking! Tram and Veil seems to be the favourite so far, what's wrong with Summit!
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015

cos @Loki‌ told me to. Just j/king. Interesting visual theme on the map. I like Biodome as well. More unusual map shape (and placement of tech points). I only play pub, and it makes for interesting strats (only because ppl haven't figured the optimum strat yet). Hard to get this map voted in rotation, but when it is on, I generally have a decent game (if teams aren't stacked to high heaven).
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    Funny that Mineshaft isn't liked by many, despite beeing apparently more balanced than others: http://ns2stats.com/map/map/94 (could also come from less statistical data).
    Balance != Fun
    @_INTER_‌ Actually really like mineshaft, its a phantom skulks ambush haven! :)
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    @_INTER_‌ Actually really like mineshaft, its a phantom skulks ambush haven! :)

@Yojimbo‌ have you played Kodiak. Holy crap... Phantom rules the middle of the map.
    @Cannon_FodderAUS‌ Haha yeah, parasite chuckle heaven
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

Maybe you should activate atmospheric. It's another world.

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

Maybe you should activate atmospheric. It's another world.

Or maybe turn off shadows.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    This is not helping docking with its self-esteem issues...
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

To me, docking isn't even docking anymore. They've changed it so much that the map is unrecognizable and STILL no one likes it.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    sotanaht wrote: »
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

To me, docking isn't even docking anymore. They've changed it so much that the map is unrecognizable and STILL no one likes it.
    What do you mean STILL?
    First iteration of docking was epicsauce.

• CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Mineshaft is my favorite i love to play lerk. This map is lerk haven!
  • EggOfAwesomeEggOfAwesome Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201139Members
    Docking, because of the dopefish easter egg of course! How could anyone forget that!