Seeking players for Map Testing - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited January 2015 in NS2 General Discussion

imageSeeking players for Map Testing - Natural Selection 2

Work never stops with the Community Development Team and that includes Maps. You’ll notice I use the plural there, that’s because right now we are currently in some stage of...

Read the full story here

Comments

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    And we have a link to an url with more information in the Compeptitive Play forum, here.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Mmmmmm... pretty pictures
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
  • MGS-3MGS-3 France Join Date: 2006-11-11 Member: 58540Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
  • thehunter21thehunter21 Sweden Join Date: 2014-07-27 Member: 197649Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    edited January 2015
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited January 2015
    yeah sign me up to since its like 103051035 fields to fill out. bit excessive when time spent reading all that information could be spent fixing broken things, i still find holes in the map like biodome but its never fixed and floating pipes in docking, just does not seem like anything will get fixed even after filling out all that stuff.

since devs are quicker on removing pictures of ns2-flaws, i have to make enough spoilers for atleast one person to open and actually fix this so i give it a fifth try:
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    tXbcHbA.png
    Also dont forget this, one cant be to sure...
    tXbcHbA.png

If you could press delete ONCE on this eyesore that takes 1second i will buy multiple copys of ns2, this have gone unnoticed every single game i ever had on docking past year thank you for understanding.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    that is fixed in the next build :P
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    RadimaX wrote: »
    yeah sign me up to since its like 103051035 fields to fill out. bit excessive when time spent reading all that information could be spent fixing broken things, i still find holes in the map like biodome but its never fixed and floating pipes in docking, just does not seem like anything will get fixed even after filling out all that stuff.

since devs are quicker on removing pictures of ns2-flaws, i have to make enough spoilers for atleast one person to open and actually fix this so i give it a fifth try:
    tXbcHbA.png

Also dont forget this, one cant be to sure...
    tXbcHbA.png

If you could press delete ONCE on this eyesore that takes 1second i will buy multiple copys of ns2, this have gone unnoticed every single game i ever had on docking past year thank you for understanding.
    ok.jpg
    ok.jpg
    ok.jpg

But seriously, this is probably the most horrible bug I've ever seen, which makes the map unplayable.

PS: who did remove the spam thing?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Map testing is much more about layout and how it plays. Nitpick details like a misaligned texture are not a priority in general, and is definitely not what this team is meant for.

The application form is a means for leads to determine ability and personality for when we are not as familiar with an individual as we are as with you. ;)
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    And what are the testing protocols? Only playing?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Map testing is much more about layout and how it plays. Nitpick details like a misaligned texture are not a priority in general, and is definitely not what this team is meant for.

I'll have you know those missing vent triangles should be met with the utmost importance. :P
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    yup, our maptests still are running.. usually once every 2 weeks.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited January 2015
    applied to this thing.

Is Relic a part of these 5 maps :D ? by any chance
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Is Relic a part of these 5 maps :D ? by any chance
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Honestly, I can't say anything about the maps that we have behind closed doors. I will say that number has the capacity to change.
    There's a couple of community efforts that might be worth coordinating schedules
    with, to avoid derailing things by accident.

TAW has been running regular 6v6 PTs tailored for competitive games:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/135660/taw-starts-testing-custom-maps/p1

SCC runs sunday evening playtests on a broad selection of maps to provide support to beginning mappers and all around casual pub play testing.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/126987/custom-map-playtest-sessions

Talking for the SCC, we expect some members will want to contribute to both efforts. @Loki knows what's up as far the SCC scheduling is concerned if you want to hit us up.

What I can say is that the efforts of TAW and SCC are indispensable. These are great groups, with good people. I'd suggest everyone give them a try, even if you're not interested in custom maps, but especially if you signed up for the new Map Testing group!
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    i would like to see jambi made official, its a good map provided they fix the odd performance issues some players get.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    i would like to see jambi made official, its a good map provided they fix the odd performance issues some players get.

And all the holes. That maps like a swiss cheese and it really shows with AV on. As a whole its not made anywhere near up to the standard of the rest of the official maps.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Agreed. The mapper went to the ENSL forums and said to report holes and stuck spots etc, so he could fix them. But apparently he disappeared again
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    is there a possibility that official mappers take the map, fill some holes and polish it up so it is good enough for an official release?
    edited January 2015
    It's an ugly-ass map indeed. Not polished at all. But fun to play though, if you don't mind certain random fps drops. They might have been fixed, I think I heard someone mention that
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yes, I fixed the fps drop in skylights when I improved the lighting. I've never seen that version public though
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Poor ugly map but definitely true.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The mapper of Jambi got himself a job that works him well north of 40 hours of week if that explains his lack of mapping.
    edited January 2015
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Yes, I fixed the fps drop in skylights when I improved the lighting. I've never seen that version public though
    There's a huge FPS drop in Repair too, close to the Trash entrance, too

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    I love Jambi. One of my favorites. However, since it was a community made map with a number of mappers, it becomes a legal nightmare, unfortunately. We've looked into it a couple of times, but it would need a makeover, too, as it is ugly :D It plays well though. Maybe one day...
  • 3X4L73X4L7 Join Date: 2014-06-13 Member: 196510Members