Suggestion: Escape pod supplies

LumpNLumpN Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1725Members, Subnautica Developer
The problem with survival

So one of the first game reviews of Subnautica talks about how the survival mechanics impair an otherwise great game:
For my third dip, I turn off the survival mechanisms. It’s a much, much better game this way – dealing only with the more interesting problems of mobility and exploration. I need to build extra oxygen tanks to allow me to go deeper, and mechanised propulsion systems to help me scout new locations. This is simply a more rewarding feedback loop

I agree. It's no secret: I'm not a fan of survival. Not at all. I don't like when games force a certain pace. Be it to move or to wait because of some arbitrary mechanic. I also don't like games that feel like work. Farming games anyone? I already have a job, thank you very much. In my opinion Subnautica currently violates both principles. Unfortunately! Freedom mode is an option of course but it feels like cheating.

The purpose of gathering and crafting

I do like the idea of having to prepare for expeditions however. I do like the fact that I as a player should bring flares and beacons and food and water supplies. Perhaps even some extra batteries, building material, and/or tools to create outposts. In my opinion that is a great way to go on an expedition even if the preparation stage feels a little bit like work. I'm okay with that because the expedition itself does not feel like work. In fact the expedition gets easier and I can get further into the unknown if I put some time preparing for it. There is very enjoyable gameplay coming out of a bit of preparation work. It adds purpose to all the gathering and crafting. Purpose!

So that is the Subnautica I would like to see. Where you can't just dash away in your minisub and go everywhere after 15 minutes of play. A Subnautica where you have to earn your range, where you claim your territory as you make it navigable for you, where you spread your network of outposts that allow you to restock your expedition supplies, where you feel your progress as you expand your reach. Until after hours of play you finally get to the point where you can build a large self-sustained vessel that will allow you to venture even further than you have imagined.

Just imagine how much more powerful the player feels looking back to the narrow escape from crash-landing the Aurora. It's the story of the self-made man. And it's a glorious one. The game doesn't even need to end here. Once you become self-sustained and powerful it might be time to make the planet habitable for colonists. Or build a rocket and go home. Or become Aquaman. Who knows?

The real adventure

The point I'm trying to make is Subnautica should not be a survival game in the sense of constantly impending doom in the first place. Its beautiful and lush landscapes are much more appropriate for a slow paced "adventure" game with a dash of crafting, base building, puzzles, and tons of exploration, discovery, and wonder. I put adventure in quotes because the term adventure game usually refers to interactive story and endless hours spent in dialog trees.

The proposed solution

I propose a very simple change to push the game away from bland survival more towards an intrinsically rewarding slow paced adventure: Initial supplies in the escape pod storage. Food and water for a couple of days.

Think about it. Engineers built a big badass mothership. Put escape pods on it just in case. Have no idea where that escape pod might go. Float in space? Crash-land on a planet? Probably put thrusters and a parachute on it. Also made pods float on water just in case. Smart guys! There's even a fire extinguisher on board. And a fabricator to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Nice! But no supplies whatsoever? Not even a single granola bar or some fancy astronaut food and a bottle of water? Do you want me to die mere hours after all what you did to rescue me?

If we had an initial stock of supplies at the start of the game we could teach them a lot of mechanics in a slow pace. We can teach them how to use the PDA, how to eat, how to use the storage, and how to use the fabricator (e.g. food powder + water = meal). They will also learn the importance of food and should easily be able to craft diving equipment and catch fish before the initial supply runs out. In my opinion this is a great way to introduce new players to the world of Subnautica in a very kind and forgiving way.

And that is what I feel Subnautica should be like. Beautiful, wonderful, mysterious, dangerous, but kind and forgiving. What do you think?

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I generally play freedom mode, rather than Survival, because I prefer the kind of game you have described, and currently, the main game is too much survival for me. I totally agree with the supplies for a couple of days idea, as currently the first thing you need to to do is get an oxygen tank then catch some fish, which is not the easiest task for a new player..

Supplies mean you can gradually introduce the need to catch fish etc. Definitely an idea for controlling the pace of the game.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I like the idea of an initial amount of stored supplies in your escape pod (space food, water etc...) so you can ease yourself into the game. Higher levels of difficulty will provide less amount of initial storage?
  • NairitNairit NJ, USA Join Date: 2014-11-10 Member: 199589Members
    Initial supplies - there is no reason not to add them... it does make perfect sense immersion/lore wise, and it will allow for smoother learning curve. The key problems will remain though. Supplies won't remove or even ease the problems with survival gameplay, merely postpone it. (Again if Subnautica was survival game there wouldn't be a problem, but if this is an exploration adventure - survival is often nothing other than an annoyance and a distraction)

Honestly I'd rather do away with food and water altogether (freedom mode) or slower the hunger and thirst rates to the point where food and drink are vanity/immersion elements and possibly story/mission ones (Sort of like hard core mode of Fallout New Vegas - character does need to eat, drink and sleep but taking care of those needs takes less then 1% of your play time)

As for expedition preparation. 100% with you on that. However don't see why we should be fixated on food and water, especially not while oxygen and power seems so much more important. Yes you should plan and prepare your expeditions, be it 15 minutes dive or 3 days in submersible. Fill your air tanks, charge the batteries, bring few spares, bring the necessary and appropriate equipment and parts, balance all this with mobility and inventory considerations... Food? yeah you can through food in the mix here, but even than I wouldn't give it more thought than vague "two days worth of food"

• NortonNorton Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35264Members
    I agree that starting with starting some supplies is a good idea. And personally I also think thirst and hunger should not go down in your lifeboat. I don't want to always feel like I'm losing ground.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Some solutions to make survival less hard:

- The earlier part of the game would still require you to collect food/water as it is now.
    - Later on once you construct a cyclops, you could construct a "water recycler" module that completely eliminates the need to constantly find new water. There would also be a "food enhancer" that makes food provide more sustenance so it last significantly longer on long journeys. Both of these take some time to process the final product and require energy in the process.
    - Trade offs may have to be made depending on the energy requirements in the cyclops to support all systems (ie... shut off food enhancer and water recycler to support defense, etc...)
  • DoniDoni Germany Join Date: 2015-01-06 Member: 200665Members
    Initial supplies in the escape pod storage sounds good.

And I like the idea of aeroripper that you can later construct a "water recycler" as an standalone module or maybe as an addition to the escape pod?!
    The subnautica-ocean is salty? Than the water recycler can provide you with salt, too.

And an enhanced gravesphere (or an autamtic underwater fish-farm) could be your fish/food supplier.
  • Nuki255Nuki255 US Join Date: 2015-01-06 Member: 200658Members
    edited January 2015
    Realistically I don't think survival is going to go away, and that is fine. By providing the freedom mode they have already addressed most of the concerns here. I like the suggestions for the escape pod, what else can we think of to improve it? I'd love to see it become modular, being integrated, improved, and eventually the basis for starting a larger platform system (if the devs go that route.)

(trying to steer this back into a specific suggestion thread rather than a general gameplay one.) :D
  • mpcarolinmpcarolin United States Join Date: 2015-01-07 Member: 200674Members
    I feel compelled to defend the survival in this game.

I think that the survival components give the game an entertaining conflict which challenges and motivates the player. While I agree that the game's best feature is its exploration, I for one love the challenge involved in planning out your dives and seeing how far you can explore before you need to head back.

However, as the game becomes larger, with a larger number of species and locales to explore, I can foresee the current form of the survival component becoming somewhat of a drag as the player wants to travel farther than they or their sub can take them and for longer stretches of time. This is why I think base-building and a structure for some form of automated farming would help the game open up near the end-game. Imagine coming back from a long trip, and your farm has already produced enough food for another long trip, for example.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I am hoping that the cooked fish is merely a starting point, and the most basic form of nutrition. I would like to think I could add some Purple Fan and create a healthy fish salad, which provides me more sustanance. Of course I need a cooking unit for this, as the fabricator isn't specific enough for the food creation.

I would keep it so the fabricator did the basic fish as is, but then you have a cooking unit, like the water recylcyer which enables you to cook more advanced meals, providing much greater nutrition.

Also, you can live without water for 3 days, and food for a week, yet those meters currently go down way quicker than that.
    It definitely needs some tweaking, however if we assume the water we are swimming in is saline based, that could account for losing moisture at an accelerated rate. /shrug I dunno, maybe our avatar has an extremely fast metabolism. :-P
  • LumpNLumpN Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1725Members, Subnautica Developer
    Lots of interesting and helpful comments. Thanks guys!

Perhaps I should clarify what I mean by survival and where I draw the line. My definition of survival is: Persistent impending doom is hurrying the player.

For example in Don't Starve you can't really gather or prepare enough food for a couple of days. You are constantly on the edge of starvation. You might trade food gathering for item progression on some days but it will hurt you. Another example: in FTL: Faster Than Light the fleet is forcing you to move in one general direction at a certain speed. You can't outrun them. You can't go back too much. It is a pacing mechanic. That is survival.

On the other hand a game where there is hunger and it will kill you if left unattended but it is super easy to gather enough food for a couple of days, I wouldn't call that survival. There is no rush, no stress, no difficulty. It's just a mechanic to add immersion and purpose to resource gathering. And I'm perfectly fine with that.
  • mpcarolinmpcarolin United States Join Date: 2015-01-07 Member: 200674Members
    LumpN wrote: »
    Lots of interesting and helpful comments. Thanks guys!

Perhaps I should clarify what I mean by survival and where I draw the line. My definition of survival is: Persistent impending doom is hurrying the player.

For example in Don't Starve you can't really gather or prepare enough food for a couple of days. You are constantly on the edge of starvation. You might trade food gathering for item progression on some days but it will hurt you. Another example: in FTL: Faster Than Light the fleet is forcing you to move in one general direction at a certain speed. You can't outrun them. You can't go back too much. It is a pacing mechanic. That is survival.

On the other hand a game where there is hunger and it will kill you if left unattended but it is super easy to gather enough food for a couple of days, I wouldn't call that survival. There is no rush, no stress, no difficulty. It's just a mechanic to add immersion and purpose to resource gathering. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

I wholeheartedly agree with your points on adding purpose to resource gathering, and particularly with Don't Starve, whose impending doom makes extended exploration outside the safety of your home base's perimeter very difficult.

I think there is something to be said about Don't Starve's mechanics, however, that could relate to Subnautica. By making that impending doom a bell that constantly rings in the forefront of your mind, everything you accomplish from basic survival to constructing a useful base is extremely rewarding, especially if you succeed by taking risks like exploring far.

Subnautica is pursuing other means of evoking that feeling of accomplishment, certainly. However, some of my favorite experiences thus far in the game were those intense moments in which I had traveled far beyond the safety of my escape pod, my supplies running low, and I was driven by a strong desire to just "see what's over the crest of that next hill." I've died multiple times for doing so, but I didn't care, because the experience was so thrilling: riskily exploring further while still having to manage multiple time-limiting factors from oxygen, to food, to the conflicting question of whether or not I should conserve the resources I have picked up along the way and head back now.

Just my two cents :smile:

• MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    It is damn fun to do those survival jobs for an hour. Catching fishes and cooking it are somehow pretty interesting and refreshing, only, after i eager to get current mid-game stuffs like Seamoth, Coppers, etc. Those survivals and limited oxygen are pretty annoying. Why not letting us to have something like self-regenerating oxygen tank and compact intravenous stuff which let us stay underwater for like half of an hour without any disturbation? Probably this could be what you are asking and suggesting.
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    Or probably a super-modern underwater oven which you can carry everywhere and let u cook everywhere.

And one more thing. 1 Salt possessing 1 quarter of PDA or Storage and needing 1 salt for 1 cooked fish are too much as well. 1 sand(?) for 1 quarter is also too much. Why not letting us to store sand/salt in some seperated glasses(which is an objective which possesses 1 quarter of PDA/Storage) and letting us use those per mL/g? Like 30g salt for each salt-pickup and 10g salt for each cooked would be fine. And it would make more sense.
    edited January 2015
    I like that idea, or you could just say each slat picked up is '3 salt' and you only need 1 for each meal..
    Allow each 'Salt' slot in the inventory to hold up to say 30 salt or something.
    edited January 2015
    I had thought about that too. A weight based system makes more sense, but that would likely mean they would have to completely rework how resources stack and are enumerated. But doesn't it make more sense to use grams, and kilos and such for cooking and crafting?
    Nuki255 wrote: »
    I had thought about that too. A weight based system makes more sense, but that would likely mean they would have to completely rework how resources stack and are enumerated. But doesn't it make more sense to use grams, and kilos and such for cooking and crafting?

Why does it make sense to use grams and kilos? Only metric users understand that. Imperial users would want ounces and lb's.

What make sense is to use 'portions' as we are not actually worried about taste from the meal, so 1 salt, 1 fish, 1 purple fan means 1 portion of.. That makes much more sense in this world than using grams/liters or anything like that.,,
    edited January 2015
    Really? You chose to turn this into a discussion about which weight system is better? My apologies, since getting into a science related field, even though I'm in the US we all use the metric system. Frankly I would normally feel like I'd be insulting your intelligence by stating the obvious here (which given your reply I guess I'm giving you too much credit), but obviously it wouldn't be terribly hard to create a setting to change from imperial to metric and reverse. Assuming they went that route.

Let me expound upon my suggestion a little, for whosoever might belong to the peanut gallery of limited imagination.

Right now, the X portion needed for a recipe works well, but that's not to say it can't be improved. Considering this is set far into the future, comparing our fabricator to today's 3D printers might be a slight logic fallacy, but it is the closest comparison we can make. They work by loading the print material by a measured amount. There is no 1 or 2 of it, there is a reservoir that it pulls from, it uses no more or less than needed. (Because I can't take for granted that someone might misconstrue things, let me state this is a simplified description). So given that idea, perhaps a system where our printer can be pre-loaded with an amount of raw material for certain print jobs. From my research, the best consumer based 3D printers out today have the ability to print some of their own upgrades and replacement parts. So one of the many things we can initially work towards is re-engineering our fabricator to make it so that we can an upgrade its current form to do this, with subsequent upgrades to hold larger amounts of material for larger printing jobs.
    MisterYoon wrote: »
    Or probably a super-modern underwater oven which you can carry everywhere and let u cook everywhere.

And one more thing. 1 Salt possessing 1 quarter of PDA or Storage and needing 1 salt for 1 cooked fish are too much as well. 1 sand(?) for 1 quarter is also too much. Why not letting us to store sand/salt in some seperated glasses(which is an objective which possesses 1 quarter of PDA/Storage) and letting us use those per mL/g? Like 30g salt for each salt-pickup and 10g salt for each cooked would be fine. And it would make more sense.
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I like that idea, or you could just say each slat picked up is '3 salt' and you only need 1 for each meal..
    Allow each 'Salt' slot in the inventory to hold up to say 30 salt or something.

Hmmmm he used the metric system yet you didn't feel the need to argue his point.
    He mentioned using weights, and I then added an alternative suggestion which avoided the need for weight, as we are not making an exact recipe that requires delicate flavour balance.

You then asked a question:
    Nuki255 wrote: »
    But doesn't it make more sense to use grams, and kilos and such for cooking and crafting?

to which I replied. I wasn't arguing anything lol, I was merely pointing out that for the sake of inclusivity, a simple portion system is all we need.

My point in my own little meandering rambly way, is we only need the numbers, anything else is irrelevant from the perspective of the game. You can have the numbers represent whatever they want, however in game they need only be numbers.

• VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
    Hmm, I think one thing that COULD be added would be a nearly destroyed knife in the pods stash so that new players can get some water or grasp what the knife is used for, yeah emery is much easier to find but I think a knife with a few swings left would be a great teaching experience for new players to grasp the importance of it imo.

I pretty much play ONLY survival as I enjoy the hunger/thirst mechanics and they really don't put too much strain on the gameplay imo, though balancing of how it depletes of course is still up for change. I still think it would be nice if some resources stacked, at least to possibly 3 or 5, only things like salt/sand, quartz maybe, not metal or fish/water of course.
  • DoniDoni Germany Join Date: 2015-01-06 Member: 200665Members
    In the real world I would expect from a well equipped escape-pod of this size (2 seats) and in a time with technology like terra-forming and interstellar space travel

- water and food for at least a week for all (2) occupants
    - medicines and first aid equipment
    - a water-processing unit to gain drinking water from any water source
    - a survival kit (knife, flashlight, flares, gun etc.)

But maybe in the story the escape-pod was in maintenance service and there are no supplies at all. And the water-processor was damaged etc.

Or the pod is not an escape-pod but a small research lab?!
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
    Well just look at the state of the inside of that pod, yeah it did its job but it didn't exactly make it in one piece so, mostly everything but the power source is broken.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I may be re-opening an old thread but still believe my idea ma have a bit of merit here.

Why not add a difficulty setting to the ingame menu?
    If hard = current settings then
    Easy = 30% consumption rate (this is food, water, o2, etc), permanent day (no night time), no reapers (or other giant
    monsters), reduce number of hostile creatures (except stalkers and crash fish [the ones with the powder]) by
    1/2, remaining hostile creatures have hostility reduced by 1/2, all eatable items are multiplied by 2, all usable
    items (like quartz, lithium, titanium, etc) multiplied by 2
    Normal = 60% consumption rate, 2x the length of day, 1/2 the length of night, no reapers (or other giant monsters),
    reduce the number of hostile creatures (except stalkers and crash fish) by 1/2, all eatable and usable items
    multiplied by 1.5
    Hard = Current settings
    Impossible = 100% consumption rate, 1/2 length day, 2x length night, 125% the number of all hostile creatures, all
    hostile creatures with current hostility, all eatable items at current settings, all usable items at 75% the current
    settings

For the starting supplies there should be a builder tool, compass, 1 med kit, food for 2 for 1 day, water for 2 for 1 day, 1 signal scanner (small radio), (the supplies to build) 1 solar panel, 1 foundation, 1 fabricator (removing the one in the pod), 1 hatch, 1 straight corridor, 1 small locker.

Also the power packs should not be able to recharge them selves and should be removable (for use in other things). This goes for batteries in tools as well. Then there can be a new module for bases (and the Cyclops or larger sub) to allow the batteries and power packs to be installed into so they can be recharged or even power the base/ship at night. We should also be able to take the escape pod apart to reuse the parts to help get our base going (it should equal up to 1 Sea Moth without the lube just to keep game balance.

Also I love the Sea Moth but it needs to have it upgrade module slots increased to 6 (instead of 4) and have 3 of them put on the other side of the ship (for both looks and logic since half of the stuff gets mounted to that side of the ship anyway).

The Cyclops should have 10 upgrade slots since it is bigger and can do more (half of the slots on each side of the engine). Also the Cyclops should be able to use all of the Sea Moths upgrade modules except the cargo module. When using the torpedo module 1 adds 2 tubes (1 to each side of the ship between the forward lights) and have it so they can be loaded from inside the forward most room (1/2 of the torpedoes on each side). If you add any other torpedo modules it just increases the torpedo storage capacity in each launcher. The sonar unit would be setup so it is on or off and if on it will keep running and use 0.01% of one cell per second. All the other modules work the same as on the Sea Moth. The roof panels are redone so there can be up to 6 solar arrays put in (4 at the front and 2 at the rear). The upgrade slots will determine where each solar panel is placed. (I also have an idea for the ship to be able to be modified by use of a 4 slot console in place of the portside computer terminal in the forward most room.)
  • McKabyMcKaby England Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207291Members
    I am going to add to that a small change - the old (since removed) Generator with the power cells, maybe have that reappear in game but as a Battery system, so we can put either "discharged power cells" in it or it comes with powercells and is used for providing power over night when on solar panels or adding a bit extra if you are hurting for Uranium (which I do a lot ... always get enough gold and diamonds to make a bling Cyclops or two)

I have to agree though, different difficulty levels will be interesting, but the current food and water system is a bit out there, but then it's the same I found with Fallout New Vegas, can go for 3-4 days without sleeping and 2 days without water or food ... not really realistic, but I can understand it with the Day-Night speed.
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    Well since someone opened this old thread I might as well throw my two cents in. I personally don't mind the current survival setup since it, as the original post says, lets me prepare for a mission and dictates a range I must be wary of. However what I don't like is, again as the original poster states, having to constantly drop what I am doing and hunt down supplies for food.

I still would like some sort of system to generate food and water. Frankly I have four aquariums in my base simply to hold live food so I can munch as I need. I just grab a few fish every time I leave and it stays resonably stocked. Just add salt when I need rations for setting out. Or just use a heat blade and instant meal on the go. Water however, even with a still suit, just feels frustrating. I really feel there should be a system on base to distill water, maybe even as a constant energy drain until it fills a 'tank'. Something like every 10 seconds a filtered water appears in the inventory and costs 20 energy until a 4x4 inventory is filled.

The only frustrating thing I really find on the survival aspect is that there isn't currently a way to make supply gathering self sufficient on a base. Fix that, and I don't see there being an issue.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    paradine wrote: »
    I may be re-opening an old thread but still believe my idea ma have a bit of merit here.

Why not add a difficulty setting to the ingame menu?
    If hard = current settings then
    Easy = 30% consumption rate (this is food, water, o2, etc), permanent day (no night time), no reapers (or other giant
    monsters), reduce number of hostile creatures (except stalkers and crash fish [the ones with the powder]) by
    1/2, remaining hostile creatures have hostility reduced by 1/2, all eatable items are multiplied by 2, all usable
    items (like quartz, lithium, titanium, etc) multiplied by 2
    Normal = 60% consumption rate, 2x the length of day, 1/2 the length of night, no reapers (or other giant monsters),
    reduce the number of hostile creatures (except stalkers and crash fish) by 1/2, all eatable and usable items
    multiplied by 1.5
    Hard = Current settings
    Impossible = 100% consumption rate, 1/2 length day, 2x length night, 125% the number of all hostile creatures, all
    hostile creatures with current hostility, all eatable items at current settings, all usable items at 75% the current
    settings

For the starting supplies there should be a builder tool, compass, 1 med kit, food for 2 for 1 day, water for 2 for 1 day, 1 signal scanner (small radio), (the supplies to build) 1 solar panel, 1 foundation, 1 fabricator (removing the one in the pod), 1 hatch, 1 straight corridor, 1 small locker.

Also the power packs should not be able to recharge them selves and should be removable (for use in other things). This goes for batteries in tools as well. Then there can be a new module for bases (and the Cyclops or larger sub) to allow the batteries and power packs to be installed into so they can be recharged or even power the base/ship at night. We should also be able to take the escape pod apart to reuse the parts to help get our base going (it should equal up to 1 Sea Moth without the lube just to keep game balance.

Also I love the Sea Moth but it needs to have it upgrade module slots increased to 6 (instead of 4) and have 3 of them put on the other side of the ship (for both looks and logic since half of the stuff gets mounted to that side of the ship anyway).

The Cyclops should have 10 upgrade slots since it is bigger and can do more (half of the slots on each side of the engine). Also the Cyclops should be able to use all of the Sea Moths upgrade modules except the cargo module. When using the torpedo module 1 adds 2 tubes (1 to each side of the ship between the forward lights) and have it so they can be loaded from inside the forward most room (1/2 of the torpedoes on each side). If you add any other torpedo modules it just increases the torpedo storage capacity in each launcher. The sonar unit would be setup so it is on or off and if on it will keep running and use 0.01% of one cell per second. All the other modules work the same as on the Sea Moth. The roof panels are redone so there can be up to 6 solar arrays put in (4 at the front and 2 at the rear). The upgrade slots will determine where each solar panel is placed. (I also have an idea for the ship to be able to be modified by use of a 4 slot console in place of the portside computer terminal in the forward most room.)

These are some good ideas. However, I would like the depth modules to have their own separate upgrade console. I'm thinking 4 depth upgrade slots for the Seamoth and 6 for the Cyclops. For both of these vehicles we need a way to increase or decrease the brightness of our lights inside and outside the ship. We also should have upgrades for the Sonar and Torpedo modules, specifically sonar and we can have the sonar upgrades stack onto each other. So if I make a sonar upgrade that lets me find edible fish, I can then build an upgrade to locate predators as well without needing two separate sonar modules.

As for the food and water rates I feel like they should be slightly faster than Minecraft's hunger bar. That's just a suggestion though.
    I was wondering how to load my torpedoes into my moth (can't find the way to do it).
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    paradine wrote: »
    I was wondering how to load my torpedoes into my moth (can't find the way to do it).

Do you have the module installed? If so do you have the torpedos made? If yes to these then it's on the right side of the moth at the front
    I have 6 torpedoes but can't find the torpedo module (there's not one on my upgrade console list just the torpedoes)