loadingscreen.jpg failed consistency checking

MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
55a9b7fc56.jpg

Basically it's not a huge thing. When this happens I try it again and it works but I just think it's nasty...

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea I just deleted mine and verified integrity of cache and it fixed it
  • ShamelessCookieShamelessCookie United States Join Date: 2014-06-11 Member: 196499Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    This has been a chronic problem of mine since the latest patch (this exact file). It's not consistently reproducible (it doesn't fail consistency check every time, only sometimes).

Binary comparison of client & server shows the two files are identical.

Deleting & re-validating client doesn't help.
    Deleting & re-validating server doesn't help.

To workaround, I'm going to add screens/*.* to the ignore section of the consistency config on my servers, but that won't help on other servers.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    This has been a chronic problem of mine since the latest patch (this exact file). It's not consistently reproducible (it doesn't fail consistency check every time, only sometimes).

Binary comparison of client & server shows the two files are identical.

Deleting & re-validating client doesn't help.
    Deleting & re-validating server doesn't help.

To workaround, I'm going to add screens/*.* to the ignore section of the consistency config on my servers, but that won't help on other servers.

Better just remove *.jpg from the check list as they are only used for the Loading backgrounds and there is no way to get any advantages by replacing those.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Yes, most main taw servers have it excluded atm.. Sadly, unless its patched by now, nsl mod still did not. :(
    (mental note, do the backup servers)

I feel its related to ns2's multithread somehow, one not always knowing what the other be doing.