Build Bots & Blueprints.

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members

I am wondering if you will be allowing for blueprints to be created (architect table inside prefabbed sub or on land), and submit those blueprints to your build bots to create your own personal subs?

Also, would you consider on allowing people to create, share, and import those blueprints?

Comments

• NairitNairit NJ, USA Join Date: 2014-11-10 Member: 199589Members
    Are you talking about full 3D modeling? Modular design (place engine here, cockpit here)? Per element design (custom creations like in Planet Explorers)?

Sounds like a lot of development effort, but could be nice.

(personally i'd prefer modular design, few types of hulls but you can customize and optimize "floor plans" and some external elements)
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    Nairit wrote: »
    Are you talking about full 3D modeling? Modular design (place engine here, cockpit here)? Per element design (custom creations like in Planet Explorers)?

Sounds like a lot of development effort, but could be nice.

(personally i'd prefer modular design, few types of hulls but you can customize and optimize "floor plans" and some external elements)

Not quite sure... all the above? :)
  • NairitNairit NJ, USA Join Date: 2014-11-10 Member: 199589Members
    I never got to prototypes... RL always gets in the way, but wasn't one of those "modular sub design"?

The other implementations, well... world of limited resources... would be nice to have, but if the choice has to be made I'd rather devs spent time and resources on say new biomes or creatures.
  • dottedfishdottedfish Germany Join Date: 2014-11-22 Member: 199755Members
    Prototypes had modular subs and bases. With some luck we'll see that again in the finished game.

If they make it open and moddable that'd be really neat though - as it'd help populating the ocean further I guess. Fans could provide more models/textures and rig them to existing animations and behaviors or models.