Reefbacks

Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
So i recently found a reefback herd and.....There amazing. There absolutely beautiful.

Has anybody else found them yet?

Also whoever did the stuff for the reefback did an amazing job.

Comments

• dottedfishdottedfish Germany Join Date: 2014-11-22 Member: 199755Members
    edited December 2014
    Noooooo, haven't found them yet! Where did you spot them? I assume they were somewhere in a Koosh Zone biome? I recently find Jellyrays cruising the seas around Koosh and Mushroom biomes - but so far no Reefies :/
  • Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I found them in a herd of three in the grassy platues. Trust me you'll hear 'em before you find 'em. They make loud whale noises.
    Yes, they are very audible :) Found them, above Grassy Plateaus as well and in a herd of 3 :o They didn't stay in their pack though. Great to see them alive - the spawnable ones are still "dead".
  • Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Can't wait to see them with well....reefs on their backs.

Frankly the reefbacks are probably my favorite creature ingame at the moment.
    Yeah, thir sounds are awesome and the creature itself is very whale-like. Their calm character and patroling behavior makes a great addition. I feel that even Gaspods are still a bit too hectic. Many life forms are just too focused on moving around in the same spot really.

Can't wait to see these gigantic whales seen in some artwork :)

Speaking reefs on their back - doesn't it look like the reefback is carrying the dead remains of another reefback on it's back? Somehow it looks "stacked"
    I added a gallery on the Wiki http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Reefback
    I agree.

Also here's some artwork for the reefback
    concept-art-the-reefback-by-pat-presley-the-art-of-subnautica.jpg
    Haven't seen this before :) That would be a sight to see indeed.
  • ExsulExsul Florida, USA Join Date: 2015-01-26 Member: 201060Members
    I've run into a herd/pod of reefbacks in two different playthroughs. The first time they made sounds. The second time they didn't make any sounds. Both times were a pleasent surprise. They are probably my favorite sea life so far. I believe I encountered them close to the downed starship just outside the radiation zone.
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
    Well now after seeing that art their name makes sense, hope they can get that look ingame as their name is kind of odd when looking at them ingame with no reef on their back.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    They're by far the best thing to proper ecology mechanics we have in the game right now-- maybe second to the Stalker -> Peeper business
    Vahnkiljoy wrote: »
    Well now after seeing that art their name makes sense, hope they can get that look ingame as their name is kind of odd when looking at them ingame with no reef on their back.

Dont worry. The devs have already said the reefbacks will be getting there reefs. Might be a while though.