dying last words

skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
Well I know this request is kinda silly...
My player models are very vocal, almost always taunting or just saying random voice commands. The immersion breaks fairly often when I die. Seems like my marine or alien lifeform is always able to finish his/her last sentence even after they have died. Maybe this can be fixed? Or maybe some slow effect can be added to the sound after the death event?
Just a little polish that can add more shit eating to my grin.

Comments

• ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
    You never die.

Your corpse is just Recycled.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Gotta agree with this one!

... Even if I do enjoy taunting when i know im about to die because I know the still-living skulks will be able to hear "chuck you, farley!" as they carry on their merry way :P

I think it'd be more satisfying and funny if

"My shrink sAAARGGHHays i need an outlet for my aggression"

was replaced with

"My shrink says I need AARRGGHHH"

:D
  • skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I'd like to add to my suggestion. When a marine dies reloading, his reloading sound continues to play...
    This became apparent to me when a "hmg dude" on Compmod got gobbled but I had to listen to the excessively long reload sound associated with it.
    Maybe this could be changed as well or trigger different sound?