It's Amazing What you Have Accomplished in Three weeks.

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
It's really amazing what you folks have done in three weeks.

I have been playing the game since the day it was released, and boy how things have progressed.

Just wanted to say thanks guys, and ladies for doing a great job, and who knows what we will see in another three weeks time.

Keep up the great work!

Comments

• trinity.nstrinity.ns Join Date: 2008-12-07 Member: 65688Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Setting up the technology in the background is the hard work. If that is done great, adding* game elements is comparably fast.

* adding - not designing, fine tuning, etc
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    trinity.ns wrote: »
    Setting up the technology in the background is the hard work. If that is done great, adding* game elements is comparably fast.

* adding - not designing, fine tuning, etc
    I would say that greatly depends very much on what the particular game element is that is being added.
  • trinity.nstrinity.ns Join Date: 2008-12-07 Member: 65688Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well, if the game element changes requirements for the back-end that is a different story.

What I had in mind when I wrote that is this:
    Writing a voxel engine requires more effort than implementing digging mechanics afterwards.
  • sickboysickboy Join Date: 2003-09-13 Member: 20804Members, Constellation
    edited November 2014
    @MycroftCanadaNS: Agreed. I'm pretty blown away with how much changes each day. I love in-development games, and this is the first I've ever experienced that improves and expands so quickly. I know many folks are turned off by in-dev stuff these days (though I still feel most of them don't really understand what in-development/early access/etc. *means*), but this is a prime example of development transparency and immediate satisfaction with new features. It helps that the game was unbelievably smooth and playable from day one (for me at least). :D

Even if I'm not playing, I'm checking Trello and the backend, floored at how much gets done each day and what is in the pipeline. Makes my own personal development experience look incredibly lazy, which is a good motivator for me to step it up at least!