Why isn't there.....

2»

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    @meatmachine‌ Haha nooooo, I'll have to comment on every damn thread there is!

Anyways don't know if a mod wants to close this thread as the poll about having polls basically summarises if polling is the best way to poll.

poll poll poll
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Yojimbo wrote: »

Anyways don't know if a mod wants to close this thread as the poll about having polls basically summarises if polling is the best way to poll.

poll poll poll

Is that any different from how you are behaving now?

Giving privileges based on post count is a terrible idea. It only encourages spam and one liner thread necros.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    Aeglos wrote: »

poll poll poll

Giving privileges based on post count is a terrible idea. It only encourages spam and one liner thread necros.

And what exactly is my behaviour? I wasn't aware this thread was a poll? but rather a petition for the average user have to right to start polls?

Please check page 1 to see the answer to my question which was briefly followed by please close the thread, I do apologise if I have to serious in every single post, you clearly don't share the same sense of humour as myself and @meatmachine‌ share, not that it's any of your business but we was joking about having to boost post count ingame on a siege map prior to my reply.

If you have a better idea please share it with us? Looks like you have a long way to go before you can start a poll maybe that's why your angry ;) Have a good evening.
    Aeglos wrote: »

poll poll poll

And what exactly is my behaviour? I wasn't aware this thread was a poll? but rather a petition for the average user have to right to start polls?

Please check page 1 to see the answer to my question which was briefly followed by please close the thread, I do apologise if I have to serious in every single post, you clearly don't share the same sense of humour as myself and @meatmachine‌ share, not that it's any of your business but we was joking about having to boost post count ingame on a siege map prior to my reply.

If you have a better idea please share it with us? Looks like you have a long way to go before you can start a poll maybe that's why your angry ;) Have a good evening.

It seems I touched a nerve, but please don't project yourself onto me. I'm not angry in the least. I was pointing out the irony in your post. Are you being deliberately obtuse or can you not read the context of the reply in relation to the quote?

You can either make privileges available to all users or based it on something positive such as agrees and awesomes. Maybe you are angry that there is no meaning to your posts?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Ehh.... idk @Aeglos‌ , regardless of the actions taken, saying "How you are behaving" could easily be interpreted as a bit inciting or condescending. For instance, It's typically how a parent speaks to a child.
    Instead, "How is that different from what you have done so far?" comes off without that condescension or insinuation.
    Juss sayin' ;)... I have no dog in this fight though.
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't want to project anything near you thank you very much! @Aeglos‌ :) The only nerve you've touched is my thirst to make a cup of tea and smile at your reply, I am not deliberately being anything, crass or otherwise, the REAL irony would be to keep responding to your purportless replies, therefore "boosting" my post count.

I'd rather not trade grammar with you all evening my fellow keyboard warrior thank you as a game of NS2 requires much more of my attention. I consider the matter closed, this thread has served its purpose and its down to the moderators or time itself.

I'll see you ingame, I play on IBIS if you fancy it ;)
    @IronHorse‌ Eh, I see how it can be offensive, but not angry. Not much point arguing about it though, we've made our points.

@Yojimbo‌ I was hoping for an opportunity to point out how you didn't share my sense of humour. Too bad, I guess. I try not to play on servers with high player counts, but I get on IBIS sometimes. Not often though.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

poll poll poll
    I conquer man, postcount means nothing, I mean seriously who .... hmm... he he ...
    15455703731_b6f92ecaaa_o.gif

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited November 2014
    Yojimbo's post number plus 1. Always.

Sorry, I heard someone say troll and came running.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    @Aeglos "It seems i have touched a nerve", is an unofficial Declaration of a flame war.
    Personally whenever I see it directed towards myself, The only thoughts that will and have gone through my head?
    "HULK SMASH"
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    The mods should be able to modify a person's post count for shits and giggles. Slap a negative number on 'em!

What a scary proposition. @AurOn2 is already mad with power! Do you see his picture?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited November 2014
    You cannot see my eyes, @Nordic‌.
    @Ironhorse, love what you did there. Just goes to prove the ironpony is sadistic. :relieved:

And i would love the ability to make my post count be randomly generated.
    See Flyingfish over at the Ausns2 Forums. Keep refreshing the page and watch how his postcount goes from epic, to fucking confusing, to How does he have NEGATIVE POSTS?!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @AurOn2, I wonder what happens when @SquishpokePOOPFACE tries to log back in.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Admins abuse. Give Bahn. Ironhorse gone forever!
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it was just an evolution of a mods powers.

Now we need some natural selection between the mods. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    Now look what you guys did. Who's going to be able to correct the way IronHorse has been behaving?

As for the post count counting towards polls idea, I guess I don't have any polls in mind for the next decade or two, so I'm ok with that method.