Physics doesn't matter ?

Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi,

I was really surprised that the game shows us that it uses the powerful PhysX from nVidia, and seeing that when you jump as a Kharaa or a Marines, you can change your direction when in the air.
I've tried to reproduce that IRL, always failed. Should it be considered as a bug ? Or a gameplay mechanics ?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    Gameplay mechanics, also physX has more to do with ragdolls and collisions rather than player movement/accelaration/turning etc... Apart from friction and gravity, I think...
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    not sure if troll or
  • MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    Changing direction in mid-air is ridiculous unless you can fly. Only senior players can appreciate this delicate fact, as SuperMario has ruined our children's understanding of physics. I feel with you.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    I told my manager I knew physics, now I get asked really hard abstract questions boardering on the edge of human understanding.

I'd reccomend saying you know film and media instead.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I told my manager I knew physics, now I get asked really hard abstract questions boardering on the edge of human understanding.

I'd reccomend saying you know film and media instead.

I told my manager I build computers for a hobby. He now texts me with every computer problem he has.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Ha ahahahaha!

Brilliant :)
  • kathipearlkathipearl USA Join Date: 2014-11-12 Member: 199619Members
    is there any way to prevent the going back to the main menu, when you try to join modded servers???
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    If you're getting these:
    Client disconnected (x.x.x.x) Server mod is out of date
    Client disconnected (x.x.x.x) Missing required mod

and it works eventually when you just keep trying, that's a known issue and not yet fixed.
    Just have to keep trying :|

If you cannot connect to a server at all, even after multiple attempts / several days, it's likely your mod subscriptions acting up. Unsubsribe from all workshop mods and try again.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Honestly, I see this as a bug with RL. I'll look into this, but no guarantees on a fix.