Is the SeaMoth a Scooter Only?

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Hi.

This isn't a gripe but something in the game is bothering me, and that is the view the player has while using the Seamoth. I know it's a cool little sub, looks good, and is swift but not all that suited for underwater exploration.

Here is something I was looking at earlier....

cyclops-white-front.jpg

manatee-electric-marin-vehicle-644x588.jpg

Also I was thinking that having the main seating area of the Seamoth be more inside a glass dome which would be attached to the main body. In essence you would be sitting in a round bowl overlooking everything with no view restrictions.

If this not going to change (view) then could I suggest that some radar or measurement tool be used to let us know when we are too close to the bottom? I can't number how many times I rammed the bottom (didn't die but did die when a leaf of kelp smacked into the hull).

Anyway, just thinking...

Comments

• KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    The "steering wheel" is blocking a very important area of the view, making it hard to see where you are going - especially for up and down.

I think it would be nice if the steering wheel was lowered and shrunken down a bit*, or better, removed and replaced by controls on the left and right side of the seamoth. (a bit like this)

*but i guess that still doesnt improve it enough - so i wouldnt bother trying this
  • DohmanDohman Denmark Join Date: 2014-05-06 Member: 195839Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If the seamoth was able to pitch up and down, there wouldn't be much of a problem. Make it roll as well, and it could be a quite awesome ride.
    Is there going to be a small sub that can pick things up? When we get to a depth of 2000 meters, I don't think it's very reasonable to get out of the sub to pick something up, that pressure would kill a person in an instant.

Control scheme:
    W, a, s, d: Forward, backwards and strafing
    Q, e: Rolling
    Ctrl, space: Up down (Relative to the water plane)
    F: Pickup/interact
    M1, M2: Attack 1&2
    Middlemouse: Mouselook (when inside a vehicle, or simply as a diver could be cool too)
    L: Lights (for vehicles, and for the player if you plan to implement some sort of light that doesn't require hands to operate)
    G?: Auto-correct roll fast (When the player doesn't press a roll button, he and his vehicle will slowly return to 0 roll, speed of this should be fine-tuned for best experience)

That would be a very nice control scheme for the player and the smaller subs in my opinion. Why hasn't anyone created a keyboard with pressure sensitive keys? Would give PC-gamers some of the advantages of a 360 controller for example..