SubNautica Lore and Fun Stories

OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
Lets start making some lore for Subnautica.
An official lore would be great down the line but some community material may help!
Journal logs? Exposition? Narration? Plot Structure? Share them!

I'm thinking... UWE makes minds explode by:
Imagine going out in your dive suit to explore a colony of marine animals, only to receive a warning message on your HUD indicating that your submarine is sustaining damage from the interior, from an unknown bio-signature. You return to the ship to find.... SKULKS. DUN DUN DUN. A mod coming to NS2 that will be released sometime during SubNautica's development date or release. It will be an NS2 map that takes place inside one of SubNautica's larger submarines. With some windows that can peer out and see a skybox setting of Subnautica with some of its feature-esque aliens, such as the ones shown in concept art.
And/or make an easteregg in SubNautica where skulks can be found roaming on land far away in packs, hunting down some other kind of alien animal.
Or add a journal log entry and personal email system into the game. Have one of the emails talk about a thing called the "bacterium" with unusual signs of intelligence in a news article. Something like that I guess.

TL:DR: Make an NS2 map set in the SubNautica universe by the time SubNautica is released. Share stories or make up stories that could potentially become apart of SubNautica's Lore. Who knows? Maybe it may influence or become a part of official lore if the dev team decides to take that route.

Comments

• FacepunchFacepunch Canada, Eh? Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176042Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had an amazing idea for the lore
    The ship that you're on is experimenting with Kharaa, and it escapes. The Kharaa bacteria enters the vent system and makes it to the cabin, infecting everyone who knows how to fly. But wait! There is more! The bacteria turns the pilots into Kharaa and kills everyone before being shot by you. You escape and corner off the ship with the bodies so that the advanced Kharaa can never escape to the front lines and win the fight against the TSF, you hope to crash on land but instead you crash in the ocean and you have to escape before you drown. Now you have to explore this new environment while trying to access and destroy your Starship, trapping yourself in this hostile and scary sea for the rest of your life. Or maybe the ship blows up after you leave it?

I feel like I'm too cynical
  • Captain0fChaosCaptain0fChaos Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206387Members
    Maybe an NS2 Map that takes place on the Floater Island or the crashes and exploded Aurora, and to keep you from going into the water there would be reapers on the outside of the map
  • TieraxTierax aus Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206401Members
    Personally i've gotten stuck in the mindset of "i was on a terraforming vessal to terraform.. welp... nothing better to do" -prepares for future colonist by my lonesome-
  • metroweegeemetroweegee canada Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207190Members
    I think that there used to be an advanced civilization, hence the signal. they used to worship sea emperors, and reapers used to be around the size of a corridor. Eventually, the reapers evolved, and attacked where the "tribes" lived. They attacked and desteoyed the tribesmen, and the emperors fled, deep down, never to be seen again... until now. The reapers have been king of the ocean for century's, but with the impending return of the emperors, they are threatened with extinction. And the reaper at the ship thinks the ship is a vessel of the long forgetton civilization, and is infused with radiation and is mutated, hence it being un-killable.