Seamoth thoughts

NortonNorton Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35264Members
The Seamoth cockpit has very poor visibility, especially when trying to look down. It should basically be a big bubble of glass in front of you with near 100% visibility.

Also, I'm not fond of the controls on the Seamoth, are they placeholders? I like pointing in a direction and going that way, like when you are swimming. Having a submerge and surface button are fine, but the way the Seamoth is set up now just feels very stiff and clumsy.

Comments

• slayer.faithslayer.faith Join Date: 2007-12-10 Member: 63127Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Being able to pitch the seamoth might alleviate some of the vision problems (limit the pitch, naturally, you dont want to be able to point directly down :-)
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    agreed, better visibility going down, and a go-where-you-look control style is much preferred.

Also, I didnt even realise that the seamoth could dive at first since left control is not set as a default decend button (I feel silly now though).

Call it force of habbit, but in every first person game (regardless of on water or land) spacebar is jump/up and control is crouch/down (I admit I've been seeing more and more game have c be the primary crouch button, but lctl is just so much more convienent)
  • GriswoldaGriswolda Austria Join Date: 2014-11-02 Member: 199340Members
    At the moment, for better visibility, just use F6 to make the HUD invisible.