A few questions (mainly about Crashers)

LimeyLimey United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-10-30 Member: 199210Members
Hi guys, Limey here. I've been silently following this game for little while and am very exited to be taking part in the Earliest Access. I know gameplay guides are kind of pointless at this stage, but I just wanted to ask a few questions about the game in it's current state.

1. How on earth am I supposed to deal with Crashers. They seem to block up caves to the point where I cant go anywhere without setting them off, and in they seem invulnerable to the knife, at least when they're closed (I somehow managed to get close to one from the side, seems they only open up when approached from the front). Are they guarantied to attack when open, or is it a warning or something? I don't know, these little bastards always set me on edge to the point where I cant explore caves. I think I might have developed a full on phobia of these things.

2. Is the Seamoth currently the only vehicle that can be constructed?

3. Is it possible to recharge the Aquajet thing? Or is that currently not a feature?

Comments

• WakelaggerWakelagger Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170906Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    1. From my experience you can have two of them blow up beside you and be fine. You just give it a time and you seem to regenerate your health. Your health seems to be shown by the cracks in your visor.

2. One of the devs confirmed that the sub was not in yet, so I am assuming so.

3. Not sure about this, but someone was saying that it was still usable for them even after the battery was depleted.
  • LimeyLimey United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-10-30 Member: 199210Members
    Yeah, when it's depleted, you still hold it out in front of you as if you are using it, however you swim at normal speed and the propeller doesnt turn.

And thanks for the info on Crashers, I guess I assumed they'd be more of a threat. Seems a bit strange to clear out a cave by just letting them attack you, I'd prefer it if there was some way to kill or at least momentarily disable them. Perhaps the static rifle will be useful for this?

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    From what I've seen with crashers, if you stay low, they dont activate.

I was able to circle around to that one cave that has like 10 of them surrounding a piece of copper and get the copper without setting any off this way.
  • LimeyLimey United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-10-30 Member: 199210Members
    edited November 2014
    Benson wrote: »
    From what I've seen with crashers, if you stay low, they dont activate.

I was able to circle around to that one cave that has like 10 of them surrounding a piece of copper and get the copper without setting any off this way.

Yeah, I think I just found that cave.
    Needless to say I moved on very quickly : /

After clearing out a cave very near to the escape pod, crafting something and then coming back, they'd all respawned very quickly. Must have been about, 30 secs? Something to bear in mind when entering one way caves.
  • StetilleStetille Join Date: 2012-07-13 Member: 154099Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I think it's possible to craft a battery and hit r to reload the glider.