Subnautica at Day of the Devs - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica at Day of the Devs - Subnautica

Today is Melbourne Cup day. For those that do not live in the promised land (Australia), the Melbourne Cup is a horse race. Race horses often run with ‘blinkers’ on...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    "You monster"-GLaDoS
  • BeRadicalBeRadical United States Join Date: 2014-11-03 Member: 199390Members
    The game is coming along nicely, even if the oxygen bar isn't up to par.
    It's cool to see how far it's come.
    Definitely looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.
  • echsechs Join Date: 2002-12-27 Member: 11568Members, Constellation
    Oh I laughed at letting the newbies drown. I'm really liking this game so far and can't wait to see it grow as I did with your earlier games, I've enjoyed both your journeys with NS1 and NS2 over the past 12 years and I look forward to this one. Hurrah for open development!
  • slayer.faithslayer.faith Join Date: 2007-12-10 Member: 63127Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    I remember reading a piece on Valve's user testing and how they just sat people down and let them play and they didnt even let devs/programmers/whoever in the same room because their reactions to watching people play would change how they played.

They just sat the user down, let them play, recorded everything while the project team cried and sobbed in another room. :) And by recorded everything, thats things like eye movement and all of it.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I remember reading a piece on Valve's user testing and how they just sat people down and let them play and they didnt even let devs/programmers/whoever in the same room because their reactions to watching people play would change how they played.

They just sat the user down, let them play, recorded everything while the project team cried and sobbed in another room. :) And by recorded everything, thats things like eye movement and all of it.

Mmmm there was a talk about this at Steam Dev Days. Very true @slayer.faith. When I used to go to shows, I would always try to explain to players... Nowadays I've learned my lesson and just stand as far back as possible and watch the world burn. The experience of the individual player isn't as enjoyable, but the value for development is so much higher.

• SquiddapultSquiddapult Canada Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199111Members
    I say let us drown. Let us ALL drown.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    I just checked our input settings and the arrows SHOULD work.