Sand sharks?

trisdinotrisdino Denmark Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159590Members
So has anybody seen a sand shark thus far? I have been all over the place, yet never stumbled across one. Are they not yet implemented, or am I just not looking hard enough?

Edit: They are implemented! I stumbled across one while exploring. It did not seem very willing to participate though, as soon as I spotted it, it instantly burrowed down into the sand, and stayed there. I could literally swim all around it, and even dig the sand it was lying in, yet it would not budge.

Comments

• CastleCastle New York Join Date: 2014-09-08 Member: 198307Members, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    At the moment, they seem more scared of you than you are of them. The goal is to make the exact opposite be true. :)
  • trisdinotrisdino Denmark Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159590Members
    They are actually quite adorable, the one I met just kept burrowing deeper and deeper into the sand the more I poked it, eventually creating a really big pile.

What are the actual plans by the way? At the moment, it is very easy to see where one is buried, since nothing else makes a shape in the sand like that. Are they going to be ambush predators, jumping out when you are collecting sand, or maybe they will lurk at cave entrances? Lots of opportunities really.
  • CastleCastle New York Join Date: 2014-09-08 Member: 198307Members, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    trisdino wrote: »
    They are actually quite adorable, the one I met just kept burrowing deeper and deeper into the sand the more I poked it, eventually creating a really big pile.

What are the actual plans by the way? At the moment, it is very easy to see where one is buried, since nothing else makes a shape in the sand like that. Are they going to be ambush predators, jumping out when you are collecting sand, or maybe they will lurk at cave entrances? Lots of opportunities really.

This is hard for me to answer 100% as things are always in a state of change during development. The initial idea so far is exactly what you mention. Ambush predators!
  • KlaimenKlaimen Caverns of Hope Join Date: 2014-10-31 Member: 199238Members
    Seen one today as well, and thought at first it was a bug, because it wouldn't interact and just wiggle in its sand bubble. Good to know these are real and will eventually attack me, or something like that. :D
  • LimeyLimey United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-10-30 Member: 199210Members
    I think it would be cool if there was a 50:50 chance a shark would actually try and kill you, or just act as they are acting at the moment.