Request: Jambi Stuck Spots / Changes

xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
edited October 2014 in Competitive Play
I am planning to work on Jambi a bit over the next week or two. Please post all stuck spots with an in-game SS of the exact location. If there any other bugs let me know.

If you have any changes you would like see to the map (such as removing the bay wing vent) go ahead and make your case for it here. If it sounds reasonable then I will do it.

Comments

• SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Golden wrote: »
    Widen the doorways into Oxygenation, they're too easy to fully block with an armory.

But the strategy!!!! /s
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'll send you that version with the improved lights and a few fixes
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Widen oxy doorways, don't change anything else. It's the best map in NS2.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ots wrote: »
    Could you remove the random IP spawned on the low ground in marine base?

Oh Gods This. 100x this.
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue

@ots to remove it I have to put a static IP. Is there a specific location that everyone wants it at? Otherwise I am going to put it to the close to the windows
    edited November 2014
    xtcmen wrote: »

@ots to remove it I have to put a static IP. Is there a specific location that everyone wants it at? Otherwise I am going to put it to the close to the windows

Put 2 pre placed IPs for the extra one for higher player counts while you are at it.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    xtcmen wrote: »

That's fine close to the windows I think. Definitely more practical.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I think the map is good but I wish it had more contrast and colour. Like @moultano‌ suggested in this post.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    I just wanted to chime in and say that I agree with @Mige.

Oh, the vent can be hard to get out from too. Since it has little edges all around the exit towards skylights.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    There's a stuck spot between Offload and Gravity. It's extremely unlikely that a marine (only marines get stuck there for some reason) will get stuck there, but still.

FXrhStU.jpg
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Noooo why would you remove that one dark? I like to jump against that wall before games start and pretend I am hanging in a giant spiders net.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Theres another stuck spot in Grav that fades have gotten stuck in before. I can get a screen cap later.
    Anzestral wrote: »
    Noooo why would you remove that one dark? I like to jump against that wall before games start and pretend I am hanging in a giant spiders net.

Haha yeah, as I said it's extremely unlikely that it will actually effect an actual round so maybe Loki should keep it. ^^
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2014
    Stuck spot in organ
    aH0RvTV.jpg
    d4rkAlf wrote: »
    so maybe Loki should keep it. ^^

You mean xtc... ???
    Gibs wrote: »
    Stuck spot in organ
    aH0RvTV.jpg
    so maybe Loki should keep it. ^^

You mean xtc... ???

Haha ooops. Yeah ofc I meant xtcmen. Got confused betweent this thread and the other one for general maps. ^^
    There's a stuck spot for fades in offload:
    OLk7Z3H.jpg
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    Another stuck spot for fade I found yesterday. Front of the vent that goes into oxy from pipe
    9136E70559C956AE19B68C4852BA8E75EF84FE51
    edited February 2015
    I hope you haven't forgotten about this thread @xtcmen! In Pub there's a bit of "fan shroud" that's unnecessarily blocking the view of the vent beneath it. It would be nice for spectators and (marine) commanders to see what is going on in there.
    ZZLVrhk.jpg
    I hope you haven't forgotten about this thread @xtcmen! There's a bit of the "fan shroud" that's unnecessarily blocking the view of the vent beneath it. It would be nice for spectators and (marine) commanders to see what is going on in there.
    ZZLVrhk.jpg

I actually made some changes but did forget to upload them. I need to talk to @Loki or @Flaterectomy to remind me how to upload and change the mod id.

Also I have no idea what is causing the FPS issues in skylights.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    flat will be the best person for this ive totally forgot how to do it now.

the skylights fps I think some of the spotlights had been duplicated
    edited February 2015
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xn1b7vqmi9hm889/ns2_jambi.zip?dl=0
    As mentioned before, the performance issues in skylights are fixed with the improved lighting in this.
    You can select all the lighting from that and copy it over to your map. There are other fixes in there too

Modid is stored in mod.settings file in the root of your mod directory where the preview.jpg is.
    Thanks for the help I removed a lot of the duplicate lights. @SamusDroid I still plan on relighting Jambi and will definitely use your copy as a template.
  • NarkoweedNarkoweed Kingston Join Date: 2014-12-24 Member: 200249Members
    Yeah, the big XTCMEN in RR is nice XDLOL KIKOO. But maybe you should have focus on keeping the map playable as alien is better work. I dont give a shit about your XTCMEN in rr. Cist on oxy is fucking broken making alien side just unplayable when you spawn on Pipe. Why ? Cuz the map doesnt allow you to cist from pipe to oxy by Transfer. So you need to cist by Offload. Basicly when you spawn at Pipe, you just can gg. Cuz there is no way you'll be able to cist oxy by offload.

btw same shit on Waste but you can cist by security, so this is """"better"""" than by offload...

Broking cist is bad for health

You guys improved the perf, drop some nice and useless stuff on it (like the big XTCMEN in RR) and broke the map.. WTF Don't you test your work before to commit it ? srsly...

Yes, I'm Angry
    Probably because @xtcmen isn't aware that invalid triangles is a thing and that before he publishes a map he needs to build reflection probes and close the editor, and then reopen the editor and resave it to remove the invalid triangles.
    edited February 2015
    Narkoweed wrote: »
    Yeah, the big XTCMEN in RR is nice XDLOL KIKOO. But maybe you should have focus on keeping the map playable as alien is better work. I dont give a shit about your XTCMEN in rr. Cist on oxy is fucking broken making alien side just unplayable when you spawn on Pipe. Why ? Cuz the map doesnt allow you to cist from pipe to oxy by Transfer. So you need to cist by Offload. Basicly when you spawn at Pipe, you just can gg. Cuz there is no way you'll be able to cist oxy by offload.

btw same shit on Waste but you can cist by security, so this is """"better"""" than by offload...

Broking cist is bad for health

You guys improved the perf, drop some nice and useless stuff on it (like the big XTCMEN in RR) and broke the map.. WTF Don't you test your work before to commit it ? srsly...

Yes, I'm Angry

I was not aware of this issue and I just did a quick hotfix of the problems people specified. I don't have the time to make all changes. And yeah it's a shameless self promotion
    edited February 2015
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Probably because @xtcmen isn't aware that invalid triangles is a thing and that before he publishes a map he needs to build reflection probes and close the editor, and then reopen the editor and resave it to remove the invalid triangles.

Can you please send me a message with a link of instructions or your own so I can fix this. @SamusDroid