U  n e gud nglish m8?

ChromeAngelChromeAngel Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 14Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
<div class="IPBDescription">Expert mapper assitance required.</div>At Moleculor's request i'm adding an appendix to the quickstart guide about the special textures used in NS.

By special I mean things like NOBUILD and NULL.  

Now since I would like this appendix to be in proper english i'm looking for someone to proof read it for me.  My written english isn't too bad in my opinion, but there are some quite anal people out there...

I would also like to make sure it's technically correct so i'm also asking for experienced mappers to proof read it for technical correctness.

If you feel you fit either (or both) of these roles and can spare 15 minutes to proof read my article let me know and I can send you a copy.  Thank you, in advance.

ChromeAngel

<!--EDIT|ChromeAngel|April 19 2002,07:01-->

Comments

• CrematorCremator Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 27Members
    i kan rite and reed!
  • KungFuSquirrelKungFuSquirrel Basher of Muttons Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 103Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I'm going to be an English Major very soon.
  • RhoadsToNowhereRhoadsToNowhere i r 8 Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 33Members
    Yeah, I go to a tech school but I still think I have a pretty good grasp of the English language's nuances and nitpicks.  Also, I'm a decent mapper in my own right, unfortunately I don't know much about the NS specific entities.  I'd love to help out with either of those, though.
  • FireFroFireFro Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 426Members
    I could help make sure your writing is proper and comprehensive, but I'm so completely ignorant of the technical jargon that you might lose me (though I am trying to learn that as well).
  • coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I'm not really a grammar nazi!!  I'm just trying to make NS as good as it can be.  (:
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    What about that guy that commented on the the message that appears when you look at a hive. There was a , instead of a ; and some other small nuance that was wrong. Sorry I couldn't be a bit more helpfull.

Now THAT is attention to detail.

--Scythe--
    the_only_scythe@yahoo.co.uk
  • coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    That... would have been me.  ^^  I could look at it for grammar, but I've got no mapping skills.
  • ChromeAngelChromeAngel Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 14Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    My e-mail seems to have died on me, so i'll just post up the updated guide here.

Please make recommendations for changes here, then I can incorperate them all into the updated appendix.

The new appendix is in appendix2.htm
  • ChromeAngelChromeAngel Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 14Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I haven't had any feedback yet.  Does that mean it's okay?  

[edit] I missed one of the special textures, can you work out what it is? [/edit]

<!--EDIT|ChromeAngel|April 20 2002,16:30-->